@Nome mage itemization discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG Denz Brujah

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Sucks that mages seem so staunchly balanced around having a SR tower to run to. They aren't unviable on dominion but being forced to build as AP tanks or bruisers is really annoying.

There need to be cheaper damage-oriented items on this map, seriously. Haunting guise isn't enough.
Building any archtype glass canon is not optimal in Dominion ... please don't make it sound like they are the only class that has to build surviability/tanky because everyone should or face the problem of getting melted before you can deal your combo

DG Denz Brujah

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumduk View Post
Sweeper still has the reveal active. Even if the CD is a little long, it'll be up for most decisive team fights. 10% MS is pretty good compensation. I usually build sweeper on tank/supports anyway, so that MS will help me do my job better.

I'll just have to remember to hit that hot-key when I need the reveal in combat.
10% MS is an abysmal compensation for vision. Given the influx and resurgence of stealth characters, toss in the fact that half the map is covered in FoW made this item invaluable.

So what else is there?

Lightbringer is situaltional at best but not optimal for AP Casters

Glumduk

11-05-2012

If you think about it, Sweeper was too good. Way too good.
I could build Sweeper before level 6 most games, hard-countering most stealth champions before they even get their stealth ult. Revealing required no effort or thought on my part, I just kept using those AoE abilities all tank/supports have, rendering stealth useless in a fight.

Now I'll have to think about when to use the reveal in a fight. I'm ok with that. 10% MS is pretty good.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-05-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

That's the gist of why it was removed. Removed gameplay, didn't add it.

GhostStalker

11-05-2012

How is the DFG nerf being compensated? If at all in S3? Since it was prenerfed before coming into S3, I think we deserve to know how we're going to get compensated.

Orphane

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
How is the DFG nerf being compensated? If at all in S3? Since it was prenerfed before coming into S3, I think we deserve to know how we're going to get compensated.
Helloooo Blackfire Torch

Redenbacher

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
That's the gist of why it was removed. Removed gameplay, didn't add it.
Huh, well, that's fair. I suppose Akali might actually be viable again. Well played.

GhostStalker

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Helloooo Blackfire Torch
It's going to be available on SR? I dont play TT.

DiscworldDeath

11-05-2012

You're on the Dominion sub-forum.

Answers here regard Dominion.

SR has blue elixir and blue buff.

urmamasllama

11-20-2012

so how about that frozen fist? did i call it or what. now nome about that RoA replacement