Leona: Comprehensive Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuikodenFan

11-04-2012

It'd be kind of nice if her W forced all enemies hit to attack her for 1 second.

For increasing her damage, I think simply doing the following changes will improve QoL.

Shield of Daybreak: 50 / 85 / 120 / 155 / 190 (+ 30% AP) (+ 100% Bonus AD) Magic Damage.
-Stun duration reduced to 1 second.
-Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 -Cost: 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 mana

Eclipse: 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 40% AP) (+ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 % Maximum Health) Magic Damage.
-All Enemies struck are taunted for 1 second.
-Armor, MR: 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70
-Cooldown: 20 (increased for the added taunt) -Cost: 60 mana

Zenith Blade: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+ 40% AP) (+ 100% Bonus AD) Magic Damage.
-Range: 700 -Cooldown: 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 -Cost: 60 mana

Solar Flare: 150 / 250 / 350 (+ 80% AP) Magic Damage.
-Consumes (if present) and reapplies Sunlight.
-Slows or Stuns enemies for 1 / 1.5 / 2 seconds depending on proximity to the center of the blast.
-Range: 1200 -Cooldown: 90 / 75 / 60 -Cost: 100 / 150 / 200 mana

The added AD and Health ratios add a bit more "oomph" to her abilities, and even open up possibilities for other viable builds than just pure tank. The added Taunt on Eclipse allows her to perform her tanking duties easier by peeling enemies off her carries for a second, which would require the cooldown to be a bit higher, and since the taunt is added, the stun duration on Q would need to be reduced as well, but increasing it base damage would make it more viable as a regular attack. Cooldown's might need adjusting for Zenith Blade and Shield of Daybreak as well depending on how obscene an AD Leona might get with the bonus damage quotients.

Aurasai

11-05-2012

Bonus AD will be effective only if Leona is not on bot lane, her problem with that is still her passive.
Abillity to activate passive alone will make Leona be able to be viable in other lanes, making farming possible giving her actual gear she needs.
Giving scaling stats on her passive will increase the damage (not only to Leona but to everyone who activates it) so it is kind of replacing your suggested damage increases, wich are otherwise not very effective if she is at bot lane. Basicly what i am saying is a scaling stat on any of Leona's skills will work ONLY if she is not a support and has gold to afford items.
The taunt on Eclipse may prove a bit more powerfull than expected (i don't think lack of ccs is the problem with Leona), still the suggested cooldown is too high, making it close to imposible to use W 2 times in a fight without high cooldown reduction.

Stitcher

11-05-2012

There have been rumors of CC scaling with AP when Season 3 rolls around. Any thoughts as to what this might do to Leona, if she gets such scaling on her Q or R?

Eydolon

11-05-2012

Would be interesting.... she would scale with AP at least.

About the taunt on her W, i think is not needed... it would at CC to the only skill that doesnt have cc in her repertoire and that would be kind of too OP.

IMO, give a serious QoL to her passive, and then lets work from there.

MrFisterRoboto

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goremote View Post
There have been rumors of CC scaling with AP when Season 3 rolls around. Any thoughts as to what this might do to Leona, if she gets such scaling on her Q or R?
Wow. That would be amazing. Would love to see this become a reality.

Also, Iike the idea of the taunt on her W could really so some interesting things with that in teamfights late game.

Vyrolf

11-05-2012

Here's a few suggestions. Bold text are the changes.

Sunlight:
Leona's spells charge any enemy unit damaged with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. Any damage dealt by allied champions and Leona's basic attacks will consume the Sunlight debuff to deal 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 additional magic damage. This additional damage is counted as the ally's damage and it will benefit from their magic penetration.

Shield of Daybreak: Magic Damage: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 30% AP)
Active: Leona's next basic attack will deal additional damage and stun the target for 1.25 seconds. This attack will consume Sunlight as well as reapply it.
-Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
-Cost: 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 Mana

Eclipse: Magic Damage: 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 40% AP).
Active: Leona gains bonus armor and magic resistance for 3 seconds. When the effect ends she deals damage to enemies within 275 range of her. If Eclipse damages any enemies, the bonuses remain for an additional 3 seconds and the cooldown is refreshed.
-Armor, MR: 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70
-Cooldown: 14
-Cost: 60 Mana

Zenith Blade: Magic Damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+ 40% AP)
Active: Leona projects a solar image of her sword, dealing damage and briefly immobilizing all enemies in a line. Leona will dash to the last enemy champion struck.
-Cost: 60 Mana

Solar Flare: 150 / 250 / 350 (+ 80% AP) Magic Damage.
Active: Leona calls down a beam of solar energy to a target location. After a brief delay, it deals damage to all enemies within 250 range and stuns them 1.5 seconds.
For the duration, the beam also grants vision in a radius of 550.
-Range: 1200
-Cooldown: 90 / 75 / 60
-Cost: 100 / 150 / 200 Mana

Aurasai

11-06-2012

Again, i don't think the weak point of Leona is lack of CCs.
Not sure if with the W you are suggesting you can make it pulse every 3 or every 6 seconds, the 1st case may prove it being a bit too powerfull.
It is a big thread and this page has a lot of suggestions, will quote 2 of them again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
Leona's spells charge any enemy unit damaged with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. When Leona or allied champions deal any damage to those targets they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal <10+5*level+0,2*(armor+mres)> OR <10+5*level+0,2*AP> additional magic damage, healing nearby alies for <passive damage*0,2> (healing from creeps is reduced by 50%). This additional damage is counted as the ally's damage and it will benefit from their magic penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post
Here's how you fix Leona to make her viable outside of Bot lane.

Sunlight (Passive)
Suggested
Leona's damaging spells affect the target with Sunlight, dealing 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 (increasing every 2 levels) over 3.5 seconds. This affect can stack up to 3 times. When allied champions deal damage to those targets, they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal additional magic damage equal to the remaining affect.

Zenith Blade (E)

Suggested
Passive: Leona's basic attacks deal 10/20/30/40/50 + 20% of AP bonus magic damage. This affect does not apply Sunlight.

Active: Leona projects a solar image of her sword, dealing magic damage to all enemies in a line. When the image fades, the last enemy champion struck will be briefly immobilized and Leona will dash to them.

Elternteil

11-07-2012

Hello everyone, new to the forums and a Leona supporter so I'm bumping this.

I experimented with a solo top build Leona and did pretty well vs Jayce, Darius, Xin, Malphite, and Singed so far.

First attempt (12/4/21)
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2367973/
vs. Jayce (7/4/15)
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2372005/
vs. Malphite (8/5/21)
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2375543/

While I've had good results as a solo top AP Tank Leona, I do agree that she needs a rework. Her Sunlight passive I think is fine as it helps on ganks and teamfights, but a rework is welcome. The stacking dot that deals the remaining damage when a teammate joins the fight is brilliant. I really love the suggestion to give her a damage boost passive with Zenith Blade, making you want to level it first before Ecclipse when solo laning. And while I'm jealous of Amumu's ult, I agree with increasing the radius of Leona's ult per level.

Add to that better AD/AP scaling and perhaps a new skin and Leona will make a great comeback.

Onimallar

11-07-2012

Thing about solo leona, is your lane loses a LOT of damage beacuse of passive.

Level 3 = 3 spells + 3 passives. The passives alone = 140 damage ish, plus the spells + damage of the ally. that's why leona + graves is a beauty lane.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-07-2012

I may have imagined this but I think teemo's poison can proc her passive. This would mean that twitches can as well probably