@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asdioh

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I have not experienced this nor have I heard people talking about it...

Repro steps?
I'm surprised, it's been around for a long time, and I'm certain I've seen a red respond to one of these threads.

What to do:
-take any of the aforementioned champs into the jungle (Amumu seems like the most common one here)
-start autoattacking jungle monsters
-use one of those abilities
-see if your champ continues to autoattack after the ability finishes.

Heartlis

11-04-2012

It's obnoxious on Volibear

A Swarm of Koala

11-04-2012

Corki's W makes him stop pursuing people. Probably intended, but it's annoying.

ATV Rivenroth

11-04-2012

A staggering amount of champions have this issue after abilities are casted, it tends to shut down close fights in top or mid lane, sometimes even bot if it occurs to the support. Most of the abilities are ones with animations or that affect the character in abnormal ways (Headbutt transporting Alistar, and an enemy etc.)

I actually really am sad Riot hasn't noticed it, is it intended for so many champions to have this issue with animations or abilities?

NA1

11-04-2012

Elise's W has this issue.

SpiffmeisterZ

11-04-2012

It's also annoying for certain skills when it will reset your target. Garen's Q is infamous for hitting minions instead of the person you had targetted, especially if you're chasing them with Q and then exhaust them. He will immediately land his Q on the closest minion and then stand there.

Mo00se

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

i was using astro naut skin last night ( might just be nautilus) but when jungling and using E, he seems to stop atleast %40 of the time ..... its been happening for ages riot

BetterLuck

11-04-2012

Quote:

Repro steps?

For example, both Riven and Fiddle have certain issues with not recovering from a spell quick enough, but I don't know of any systemic issue.
sometimes with all champs you will see brief periods of non responsiveness and they will then auto attack after a brief pause with no further instruction. and sometimes, as mentioned, your character will require further instruction.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:

Repro steps?

For example, both Riven and Fiddle have certain issues with not recovering from a spell quick enough, but I don't know of any systemic issue.
It has happened with every champ i can remember playing recently. Riven, Fiddle, Brand, Fiora, GP, Shen, ect.

Sometimes, seemingly at random, after casting a spell while auto attacking things, your character will stop as if you hit "s". If you dont notice this can cost you a kill or GET you killed, its also really annoying in the jungle.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-04-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Okay, so, like I said, we know there are issues with specific champions' abilities (like Amumu E)--I was curious if there was a more global problem we didn't know about.

This isn't one bug--each of these abilities are their own issue. I'm not saying we shouldn't or won't fix them (there are certainly more than I thought), but rather that I'm more concerned with a bug that, regardless of who you played, just caused you to randomly stop attacking a valid target.

But I'm definitely collecting the information in this thread to look into later.