zileas just smited someone

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempname0096

11-03-2012

That guy was just trolling, obviously. If he wanted it sound offencive he woulda wrtitten all sorts of crazyass ****. The ones he did write, tough are obviously false and comic. Don't you think you were a bit too harsh, Zileas? :|

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-03-2012
4 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfinitys End View Post
Bloodthirsty community. Are you black? Did I offend you? Did i mentally scar you for life?

What?

I didn't?

Then get the hell out and stop building up a useless outrage.
I think the primary issue is he's juvenile and super trolley. I feel like racial epithets in internet games are more often used as a proxy for "I want attention and want to try to make someone angry", rather than a genuine dislike of the group in question.

So, I hesitate to call them racist because it's a pale shadow of the actual racism that occurs in real life and involves actively hating a group. I do think they are banworthy though because this is likely a pattern of behavior, and is certainly a breach of the summoner's code. More generally, the individuals engaging in this stuff are not looking to be positive contributors to the community.

t

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
If he does it more, I'll be motivated enough to ban his mains.
I was proud of you until this comment Zileas...

"You will be banned for breaking the Summoner's Code...more than a few times."

Fresh Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
I think the primary issue is he's juvenile and super trolley. I feel like racial epitaphs in internet games are used as a proxy for "I want attention and want to try to make someone angry", rather than a genuine dislike of the group in question.

So, I hesitate to call them racist because it's a pale shadow of the actual racism that occurs in real life. I do think they are banworthy though because this is likely a pattern of behavior, and is certainly a breach of the summoner's code. More generally, the individuals engaging in this stuff are not looking to be positive contributors to the community.
Pretty Sure Infinitys End is the same guy you just banned who thinks he is safe from harm as long as he keeps using these level 5 accounts. Time to dig out the big guns, Zil...

lnfinitys End

11-03-2012

Quote:
I think the primary issue is he's juvenile and super trolley. I feel like racial epitaphs in internet games are more often used as a proxy for "I want attention and want to try to make someone angry", rather than a genuine dislike of the group in question.

So, I hesitate to call them racist because it's a pale shadow of the actual racism that occurs in real life. I do think they are banworthy though because this is likely a pattern of behavior, and is certainly a breach of the summoner's code. More generally, the individuals engaging in this stuff are not looking to be positive contributors to the community.

It's only offensive if people take offense to it, so I don't see what's the problem here.

Windless Bear

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechwarrior5 View Post
So what about this one? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2759617

Or has nobody noticed it yet?
Point out the racial slurs involved. I agree it isn't a "nice" topic but it also doesn't reach the level of racism as the deleted thread.

It's not like every unpleasant thread about stereotypical Canadians is grounds for a ban; or do you think it should be? It would fall under the same level of offense as this one. Not racist, but not nice, either.

Rorii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

This is the first time I've seen Zileas' rough side.

I LIKE it.

Windless Bear

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamming fagget View Post
That guy was just trolling, obviously. If he wanted it sound offencive he woulda wrtitten all sorts of crazyass ****. The ones he did write, tough are obviously false and comic. Don't you think you were a bit too harsh, Zileas? :|
Don't you think you should be banned immediately based on your current forum name?

AlphariusRising

11-03-2012

Zileas. I'd like to bring it to your attention that Drippy Eyes is still around and making like 5 garbage threads a day.

Unless he was banned recently in which case GJ.

12fingerJIM

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorii View Post
This is the first time I've seen Zileas' rough side.

I LIKE it.
He just hasn't been able to let his inner troll out since Iaw was perma-banned