A way to solve the "elo hell" problem.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclesian

11-02-2012

There are many of us who are trapped in elo hell. We can't get out and why? Not because we suck or we are bad team mates. In fact many of us have been playing for a long time and have gotten quite good and most roles and with many champs and builds. How is it that we can never escape elo hell you ask? If we are good we should be able to carry our whole team of noobs, trollz, and laggers right? Wrong... You cannot stop the lagger, the troll, or the noob because they multiply. So what then is the remedy for us good and skilled players who have dumped hundreds of dollars in this game?

A quarterly reset of all low elo rankings.

How will this make players happy you ask?

1) The good summoner's code upholders can have a chance to escape elo hell
2) The bad summoner's code breakers and the laggers will stay in low elo.

It's that simple. A quarterly reset of all low elo rankings will give players like me who have spent $200+ on this game a chance to escape elo hell and join the true community that more honorably represents the League of Legends.

Low elo players have these infectious symptoms:
-trash talking their own team
-trolling
-lagging/ feeding
-feeding without the excuse of lagging
-and generally ruining the LoL experience for us who have spent $200+ dollars on the game and who faithfully uphold the summoner's code, and who bring new players into the game.

I am a skilled player who contributes to the forum and who upholds the summoner's code. I have never been banned since the game came out. When I bought my copy, it came in a box. However, I am trapped in elo hell and get made fun of for my low elo even though I don't belong there.

This idea will keep the haters in hateland and give us good players a chance to feel what LoL was meant to be.

Please consider this, up-vote, and bump!!!

To the end of elo hell!!!!

Edit---------------

Ok some of you are obviously not in elo hell so its easy for you to say nonsence like what someone you have said. Though a few of you do have very knowledgeable things to say, I think you are all missing the point of this thread.

Elo hell is called elo hell for a reason. They don't call it elo purgatory or elo time-out. Its elo hell because it completely sux and theres no way to get out of it. Every ranked game I play I end up with 1-3 feeders, 1 lagger, 2-3 people who say terrible things to their own team mates, and 1-2 people who don't understand meta and or are testing out new champs and builds. No matter how good you are, if the lagger, noob, and or troll on your team feeds, you are going to get stomped. My stats in ranked games may not look that good but not cuz I'm not good but because people feed and I become useless, dying quickly and dealing no damage.

Even with a good dou partener, which I have, it's still elo hell. I'v been trying to start a 5v5 ranked team but people are so cruel in this game it's very hard to find good honorable players.

I'd really like to get a feel for the uper elo so I can experience a better side of the LoL community.

Amatzikahni

11-02-2012

A quarterly reset would also bring all the people who belong at 300 Elo back up to 1200 in addition to bringing all the trolls back there, too. This idea is not unique and cannot work with the current system.

Ecclesian

11-02-2012

It would work great. The trollz would fall back down into the low elo obviously. Besides, everyone deserves a second chance, especially people who have spent hundreds of dollars on this game. You got a better idea?

Larrythetapist

11-02-2012

0/10.

look, stop trying smear p2p players. the small edge they gain from runes/ better champion selection is mitigated by the fact that they spend money so that you can play for free

Zumbaro

11-02-2012

Players that are spending money don't get an advantage other then they don't have to work at acquiring everything through IP. Spending money on LoL provides zero advantage but does save some hours of play.

As for fixing elo hell, if you are really a better player then your elo ranking then you should climb the rankings, it may be slow but you should. Think about it, you're having issues with getting bad teamate but the players on the other team have the same issue. If you are a better player then you should still provide enough skill advantage to the average team that your elo increases until you reach the point where your skill level is the average.

Its kinda like any competitive game with a ranking system or maybe even compared to poker, you are going to win some and lose some. If you are really that good over the long run say 20-100 matches you'll notice a general uptrend in your elo or winnings. If you aren't getting an uptrend then you need to look at improving your play, if you are seeing a general downtrend then you probably aren't even good enough to play where you are at. You can't blame anyone else for your elo being where it is, sure you might be on a down trend but there will be just as many up-trends to counter and if you really are better then the average player at your level it will show as the ups and downs average out.

Amatzikahni

11-02-2012

If you auto-win 45% of your games and auto-lose 45% of your games, and the remaining 10% are up in the air, then if you could manage to carry those games, you will have a 55% winrate which means, at 12 Elo per game, you will be gaining 24 Elo every 20 games (about 1 Elo per game increase). It's a very slow climb, but you can get out if you can swing 2/20 of your games in your favor. If you're even better than that, you can swing 20% in your favor to grab a 60% winrate which means you will be gaining 48 Elo every 20 games (about 2.5 Elo per game increase). Yet if you're even better, you can swing 30% to get a 65% winrate and skyrocket 72 Elo every 20 games (~3.5 Elo increase per game). If, instead, you use that 45%-45% auto-win/loss to win half of the remaining games and feed/lose the other half, then your winrate will remain stagnant at 50% and you won't notice any Elo change over long periods of time.

Kofo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

How about ELO depending more so on how you do in a game, then if your team wins or not. If your team wins u get more of a boost, however the losing team doesn't lose elo for say. Depending on how each person does individually / you personally.

Lets say your support, u go 0 kills 3 deaths 16 assist out of a total of 23 kills for your team. Based off your stats for that game you would net you a + elo rating at the end of the game. Not as much if you won, but a + elo rating.

Could also work for the winning team, it's a 5v5 you have a player on your team who picked mid, and ends up feeding... You all get + elo for the win, but depending on stats for the game, players would get a different amount of + elo. The "feeder" would obviously not get as much + elo as the other 4 players, based on his stats.

It would have to be a formula like a certain amount of + / - for winning & losing the game. Then based off the role you play, certain + and -'s for kills, deaths and assist. Would be great if you could add ward dropping for supports, and other team oriented stuff.

Any thoughts?

elo would basically go off how you personally do in games, rather then if your team wins / loses. Obviously if you feed and lose, you will be losing ELO. It rewards good play, and doesn't punish for bad teammates imo.

Army of Max

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofo View Post
How about ELO depending more so on how you do in a game, then if your team wins or not. If your team wins u get more of a boost, however the losing team doesn't lose elo for say. Depending on how each person does individually / you personally.

Lets say your support, u go 0 kills 3 deaths 16 assist out of a total of 23 kills for your team. Based off your stats for that game you would net you a + elo rating at the end of the game. Not as much if you won, but a + elo rating.

Could also work for the winning team, it's a 5v5 you have a player on your team who picked mid, and ends up feeding... You all get + elo for the win, but depending on stats for the game, players would get a different amount of + elo. The "feeder" would obviously not get as much + elo as the other 4 players, based on his stats.

It would have to be a formula like a certain amount of + / - for winning & losing the game. Then based off the role you play, certain + and -'s for kills, deaths and assist. Would be great if you could add ward dropping for supports, and other team oriented stuff.

Any thoughts?

elo would basically go off how you personally do in games, rather then if your team wins / loses. Obviously if you feed and lose, you will be losing ELO. It rewards good play, and doesn't punish for bad teammates imo.
The problem with this is that it would generate more of a "Play for yourself" type of thing. Characters would be more focused on getting kills then they would actually helping the team. So you would get more people killstealing and such.

As for the first person to post i really dislike that they kept saying paying players. Who cares if you buy stuff from riot that shouldnt get you an ELO reset. Saying things like that just makes me think its some rich kid who thinks he can buy everything and it doesnt make you sound very good. (No Offense , just being honest)

Its hard work to make it out of ELO hell but it can be done. Find yourself a good duo partner and put in some good hard work and you can make the climb. Youll have setbacks and youll make mistakes , but by the time your out you might be better than when you went in. Im making the climb myself and ive learned alot down there.

Amatzikahni

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofo View Post
How about ELO depending more so on how you do in a game
I see this suggestion minimum twice a week. It will actually be a detriment to the system rather than helping it.

Xtreme Chaos

11-03-2012

You diserve to be right where you are.