Windows 8?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infinite Fahn

11-01-2012

I am thinking of upgrading to windows 8 tonight. Is this a good idea or should I wait a couple weeks? My friend told me League doesnt run on windows 8 so is that true? Should I upgrade? Is it worth $40?

PoisonedTail

11-01-2012

DONT GET IT.... Its like the power of a phones os

Smartsize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

From what I've heard it's not worth it even if leagues did run on it.

Of course, from what I've heard, people would rather stick with Windows 7 even if Microsoft offered to pay THEM for upgrading.

A Swarm of Koala

11-01-2012

It's a trap.

Foomps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

dont do it

Sorian

Recruiter

11-01-2012

2000 - bad
XP - good
Vista - bad
7 - good
8 - going to be bad
9 - hmm..

Heal n Peel

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUgliest View Post
From what I've heard it's not worth it even if leagues did run on it.

Of course, from what I've heard, people would rather stick with Windows 7 even if Microsoft offered to pay THEM for upgrading.
Most of us learned our lesson when they gave us an upgrade to Vista.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWT View Post
Windows 8 is identical to windows 7 except for a new start menu, you can get a program to remove it if you hate it that much. League of Legends runs fine on it.
In other words, if you already have Windows 7 then don't bother with 8.

WadeWT

11-01-2012

Windows 8 is identical to windows 7 except for a new start menu, you can get a program to remove it if you hate it that much. League of Legends runs fine on it.
edit: seriously anyone who doesn't realise all the changes are aesthetic is weird. I get the feeling nobody knows what they're looking for and just sees the most obvious thing (a new start menu), the apps are bad but you can download any other program and use it like normal.

Masterfiends

11-01-2012

im using windows 8 right now. runs league perfectly, steady capped fps at 60.

it's like windows 7 except u have the additional interface on startup but looks mostly the same other than that. sheep are stupid and think that the interface with the icons is all that you can use. you can switch to desktop just like windows 7 and then u wont notice much of a difference.

honestly people can't even say why you SHOULDN'T upgrade other than the fact that you have an ADDITIONAL interface that you can switch off of or remove if wanted. It's probably coded better and more efficient in every way than windows 7.

Vicvictorw

11-01-2012

League runs fine on 8. Definitely worth the upgrade if you were using Vista.

1234511 ... 20