The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

10-31-2012
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Rain View Post
...His E: Obviously, his laser is beyond buggy. This needs to be fixed. While I do enjoy killing somebody with a laser that appears to be going nowhere, I understand why the enemy team is frustrated. ...
This should be fixed. When was the last time you observed disappearing lasers?

Zerglinator

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
I haven't recently. Are you going to make Viktor super powerful now, T?

Assyrianlegend

10-31-2012

the last time i played viktor

SpiffmeisterZ

10-31-2012

The only thing I can really say about this... I have played Viktor while he was free. I love his CC and the straight crazy damage on his laser. His ulti is also deceptively strong, just crazy damage going out everywhere. I never realized how much this hurt people until I played him, and I intend to purchase him soon.

Playing him, however, I really can see no reason why not to take Augment: Death. 30% bonus damage on his main damage ability and a good chunk of AP to boost his other abilities? The only other one I would consider would be the extra size on his gravity well, but only if my team desperately needed the CC, and even then for the most part the current size is enough to not really warrant upgrading it over the extra damage. With or without its upgrade, if you drop it right on someone, its still either they flash/dash ability out or they get stuck.

As most mids like Viktor, you're going to be building glass cannon, may as well go all out rather than give yourself a mild defense boost that will do little to mitigate the high damage coming your way if you get caught, and this is what he has his shield for anyway that will also benefit from the AP.

It would be nice, however, to be able to sell the augment and buy a new one later on. At that point it really would let him better adapt to the situation at hand... Buy what you need to win your lane/early-mid game fights, then later on trade it in for what you need to fill a gap your team has in all out team fights with fleshed out builds.

As stated, though, I have limited experience playing him and I do not see him enough in games to have an amazing knowledge of all things Viktor, I just know what has drawn me to him but what also troubles me with him.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
It isn't just Viktor's E. I've had the invisible skillshot bug happen with Lux's ult and Anivia's Q. I experienced an invisible Anivia Q just the other day. It really hurts Anivia since you need to time when to detonate her Q to get off a good combo. Also, sometimes Lux's ult will just deal no damage to enemies that were in the center of her ult, and are no way out of the hitbox.

toodlin oots

10-31-2012

Quote:
Like the other guy said, last time I played Viktor. And Every other time as well. I learned that if you cast it very quickly, it won't animate, but still does damage. I smartcast it, so I really flick it sometimes, and I've gotten to the point where I can really do it when I want (I try not to because it's a bug).

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
It isn't just Viktor's E. I've had the invisible skillshot bug happen with Lux's ult and Anivia's Q. I experienced an invisible Anivia Q just the other day. It really hurts Anivia since you need to time when to detonate her Q to get off a good combo. Also, sometimes Lux's ult will just deal no damage to enemies that were in the center of her ult, and are no way out of the hitbox.
This has happened to me recently as well against Lux. I havn't seen a Viktor in game in a while.

MaybeitsMalzahar

10-31-2012

Backwards flying Nidalee spears are still making me chuckle.

silversprings

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anagoras View Post
I love Viktor and everything about him, however what I despise about him is his E. I know it's awesome and all and does a ton of damage... but it just feels a bit funky sometimes [if you know what I mean]. It becomes so hard to aim it correctly - and even if you think you aimed it correctly it just goes where it pleases.

What I'm trying to say is that his E is extremely unresponsive and a tad unreliable sometimes.
It should be u target a person, minion, monster, or whatever you’re aiming at and it runs from u to them not aim a direction and hope u hit what you’re aiming for.
I also think his shield (Q) should last .5sec to 1 sec longer

DarkePacific

10-31-2012

The Problem:
Viktor's biggest problem when I play him seems to be his like of a reliable ability to farm. His auto-attack animation is rather slow and clunky, while his only real farming ability (the laser), is rather difficult to aim and has a relatively high mana cost. Everything else with viktor seems to be quite fine, he has good burst and cc, but it's just very difficult to keep up with the other mid when it's so difficult to farm.

The Solution:
I think the best mechanic that can be added to viktor is to give him an auto attack proc function attached to his laser, much like lux's or leona's passives, but not quite as strong. Where after he hits an enemy with a laser it will apply a small mark, and if he hits the same enemy with an autoattack or an ability it consumes the mark dealing very small damage. I think the damage should be something around 15 proc damage at laser skill level 1 and 30 at skill level 5. This way it allows him to get just a little bit more damage on creeps to reliably farm with autoattacks, without giving him ridiculous damage versus enemy champions, something he certainly has plenty of.