The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superscope

10-31-2012

There are many problems that need to be fixed, along with many faults in Viktor's playstyle to begin with.

Bugfix 1. Fix his Laser, for the love of all that his holy. Randomly disapearing AND sometimes not even registering hits on directly struck targets adds to major frustrations to both parties imho.

Bugfix/feature 2. His Ult's cast targetting. Seriously, every time I fire the damn thing, I often slightly mistarget and it stays there.. doing nothing as the enemy walks away. Couldn't it be set so that the Chaos Storm follows a champion within 50-100 units? Would really go far to help Viktor keep up the pressure against his enemies, without realizing that the storm isn't following the target he intented and can't catch up once the storm is retargetted, costing the gank/kill.

Now.. we need to address a few problems that Viktor has with his playstyle.

Base stats... DEAR GOD... the mana regen... for his very high costing spells he has I believe one of the worst base mp5's in the game. Even when runed and given masteries, he burns his mana like no tomorrow. Armor is a close second. His paper thin base armor of 12(+4 per level, meaning 16 at lv1) really hurts him early game against adc's (Always have nightmares against Yi')

His passive 'Evolving Technology' (the almighty hex-core) just doesn't really do enough to really justify it's usefulness end game. I dare say.. that perhaps it should be optional like what rengar's item is (but still very useful for his core abilities). In addition, it's rather dull that you can only upgrade it once. (rather silly for "Evolving Technology" don't ya think?) Perhaps the ability to add additional abilities to the core from the shop at your choosing would suit Viktor more? Have you ever heard of the simic from the game magic the gathering? They were a deck of cards that revolved around building whatever you wanted on a creature, so long you payed the cost (a 7/7 flying, trampling spider for example). Perhaps Viktor could go along this route and pay for additional abilities over the course of the game?

Power Transfer (Q) needs to have a slightly longer range and A reduced cooldown. He just gets nuked by many other casters that can easily outrange him once the laser is on CD. (Ryze, Karthus and Lux for example)

Gravity Field (W) is pretty much fine. No real ajustments needed to fix it.

Death Ray (E) needs bug-fixes and perhaps a reduction of cooldown, that's about it. It's power and range is great to begin with and that doesn't need changing around.

Chaos Storm's (R) power is great, it doesn't need ajusting. The range and mana cost is justified for the extreme damage it causes end game.

In conclusion, wasn't Viktor suppost to be that mage that could built into any mage based role he wanted to because of the hex core? The hex core itself just doesn't do enough to change his overall tactics, which is poke/burst. Viktor also seems rather confused on his role, is he a poker, or a short range burst? He can't seem to decide on that. Overall, he's got the power to stand up to other casters, but because of his awful cooldowns,poor mana regen and unfixed bugs on his E, he's often left in the dust. (which is sad really, he's got some great potienal just waiting to be shown.)

Well, that's about it. I've played Viktor for ages and i'm really hoping a re-work will give him some flare again.

PS. Give him a battlecast skin (or any awesome looking skin to begin with) or something. Lore wise wasn't it Viktor who created the battlecast series?

Dragon Streaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

I love Viktor to death and bought his full bundle the day he came out, but I really thing that he needs a shorter cooldown on his ulti.

Joe Dolca

10-31-2012

You should be able to eventually buy all 3 hexcore upgrades, say the first one costs 1000, the second 2000 and the third 3000. That's a 6k item right there.

Dukowski

10-31-2012

Cooldowns.

xxW4gz

10-31-2012

The biggest thing I think Viktors missing is what makes a mid champion fun for me. He doesn't combo. I'm sure some one will come here and argue that he does. But there's just NO reward for hitting a player with say the Q. No reward that makes me want to go and follow up with a laser afterwards. Mids like Anivia are rewarded for chaining skills, E doing double damage to slowed targets. Ahri gets a free Q and W on any victim of her taunt, Orianna, Zyra, Tf, lux, katarina, the list is long as to who reaps benefits for timing their skills right. Viktors just doesn't chain. If he hits the Q, he's got no incentive to go in for a laser, or a stun-ult, he's just sitting there with a dinky little shield. Woo.
He has a lot of fun mechanics to him yes, I would just love to see his skills reworked to synergize with one another a little more.

vananaking

10-31-2012

I know people would've said this a million times but just make his passive not take up an item space. It would make him so much more flexible in terms of itemization and buying potions and wards early game.

Perfect Rain

10-31-2012

Viktor is literally one of my very favorite champions in the game. I'll try to nail some major points before I go to classes.

Viktor is an amazing champion. He does combo well, if you know how. I honestly consider him to be one of the most underestimated APs in the game. On my list, I feel that he's very high up there with some of the best. However, he isn't ENTIRELY top tier. This is mainly due to bugs associated with Viktor.

His Passive: Evolving Technology is an awesome uh, passive. Sort of. The free AP that the hex core gives is nice, yet it also sort of sucks at the same time. The problem is that it really doesn't feel like much of a passive. It's just sort of there. I feel that his passive needs to be improved very slightly to make it more useful and enjoyable. As of right now, the hex core is basically only upgraded into the Death augment, because the others are very lacking in comparison. Something definitely needs to happen with this, as we're all missing out on different ways to play Viktor.

His Q: His Q has been amazing since it was buffed. My biggest problem with it before was that it was too slow. It's a big part of his combo, and it's a very strong ability. However, his E pokes much harder in lane. While Q is reliable, it's worth leveling E first for the wave clearing ability/damage. I feel like something could be done to his Q to make it more useful while laning. This is definitely an awesome ability though. The Power Augment makes this ability have more utility, though it's honestly sort of useless. The movement speed bonus isn't all that useful compared to the Death augment.

His W: I HATE this ability with a passion. Don't get me wrong, it's incredible. But it does have quite a few drawbacks. First of all, it has a short channel time. This just about ruins comboing somebody. The range is SMALL unless you upgrade the hexcore to Gravity, which is not viable as it takes away a large portion of his damage. The utility this ability brings to the table is amazing if used correctly. However, it's VERY difficult to use properly with all of its drawbacks.

His E: Obviously, his laser is beyond buggy. This needs to be fixed. While I do enjoy killing somebody with a laser that appears to be going nowhere, I understand why the enemy team is frustrated. I don't feel that it's such a difficult spell to use. It's honestly rather simple. It's amazing for farming, poke, and damage. This is the best part about Viktor and I really hope that it isn't changed other than bug fixes.

His R: I cannot tell you how many times I've failed with this ability. I also can't tell you how many times I've done mass amounts of damage to their entire team or utterly destroyed a single player. This ability is very hit or miss. I love it, though it can be unreliable at times. This is mainly due to the speed of it when a champion uses an escape ability. My ultimate is instantly made useless and turns into a farming ability. I feel this could be improved a little.

Not much else to say I think. I do love Viktor very much, so be gentle with him.

Grann Brigitte

10-31-2012

The biggest change would integrating Hex core further. I have suggested and will suggest again giving his ultimate an upgrade based on his core. At the moment, it is not unlike a poor anivia ult.

My idea:

Blue Upgrade: Viktor's ultimate, upon spawning, has a gravity field which moves with it for 1.5 seconds. Functions as a normal gravity field.

Yellow Upgrade: Viktor's ultimate does not lose speed based on distance from him, and provides a speed buff for it's duration based on the number of champions it is damaging.

Red Upgrade: Enemies stricken by the initial formation of Viktor's ult will automatically take 50% of his ultimates damage over time component regardless of their proximity to it.

Admiral Ragefap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

I'll just keep it to bullets.

Like: Burst and DPS potential especially with ult.
W stun can be used in interesting ways (ex. drop on yourself to stop WW ults)
E is very rewarding if used correctly on multiple targets.
Augmented Q is really fun to use due to the sudden burst of MS

Dislike: Being forced to augment E to keep AP scaling in line with other APs

Ult does not auto target nearest champion if there are multiple targets. This causes his ult sit there after he dies without manually acquiring a target. It will follow a champion if they are targeted (even after death) but won't be very useful if, for example, Viktor dies while casting his ult and can't manually target something.

Change from patch 1.0.0.136, "augmented [Q] now grants movement speed when the missile is launched rather than when the cast animation begins." It was fun to have Qs auto cancel on dying minions for a free MS buff with no cooldown. Was a neat trick.

Kr1sys

10-31-2012

Viktor not really having a passive, and an item slot being used from minute 1. The upgrades need reworked. Not being able to change it(and currently no reason to) hinders the point of having an upgradeable item as his 'passive/item'. I've played him a few times and had issues keeping his ult on a champion. I feel like it should operate similar to Yorick's in that you can click r on a champ and it follows that champ.