All those threads talking about role-queuing.

12345612 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozaryn X

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRaiKa View Post
Id say "Why not have 2 queues, one for role picking, one for just whatever" but I feel like increasing queue times for people in the higher ELO's isnt a good idea.
we already have that setup no? ranked and normal?

Aposkiasmos

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rildur X View Post
we already have that setup no? ranked and normal?
I have only played 4 ranked games and then dodged my last one because all 4 and the 5th draft had atleast 1 person not wanting to play roles and totally screwed the game.

1 example is a warwick mid vs vlad who went 1/5 in 15 mins then started suiciding...

Last dodge involved 2 people picking mid champs and 2 picking adc bots, with no jungle and no support. As far as I could tell before dodging atleast 1 of the individuals didn't understand english or was purposefully trolling...

xLwang69

Recruiter

10-31-2012

lol solo queue all about luck.. get taht one person that tosses ur try hard team's efforts to win = gg

Senator Snort

10-31-2012

So let me get this straight... you want to poo-poo an idea that forces you to... at the very least... reveal what role you want to fill in solo queues? (EDIT: I'm SOOOOO sorry, Mr Troll, to force you to actively participate in champ select and you know... make your team better and the overall experience better for everyone playing.) So when picking a champ, for example Teemo, everyone has zero clue what position you want to be. If you choose to say nothing in champ select: we have no clue how to build our team properly.

I don't understand what the big massive deal would be to force someone to click a button as they champ select that outlines their intent. You don't necessarily have to rebuild the queue system, but more just have something there to reveal your intention as your champ shows.... prior to locking it.

How it would work:
1) Pick your game type
2) Champ select starts
3) Click on the champ you want to play as
4) System forces you to click another little button stating "tank" "bot lane" "jungle" "AP" "AD" "Support" ... however many or miniumum that is needed
5) Now you have actually champ selected and only now will it show to the side to everyone on your team
6) Lock

Also: being a ****** and patronizing to anyone who wants to breach an obviously very popular topic... telling us we are retarded and idiots for bringing it up? Not cool. Obviously if people are bringing up a topic <gasp> MAYBE just MAYBE this topic is important to a lot of people and needs discussion and solutions. The current system is FAR from perfect and batting your little girly eyelashes, calling everyone down about it, isn't making the system better. It just makes you an *******. Congrats.

LogicalTautology

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Snort View Post
So let me get this straight... you want to poo-poo an idea that forces you to... at the very least... reveal what role you want to fill in solo queues? (EDIT: I'm SOOOOO sorry, Mr Troll, to force you to actively participate in champ select and you know... make your team better and the overall experience better for everyone playing.) So when picking a champ, for example Teemo, everyone has zero clue what position you want to be. If you choose to say nothing in champ select: we have no clue how to build our team properly.

I don't understand what the big massive deal would be to force someone to click a button as they champ select that outlines their intent. You don't necessarily have to rebuild the queue system, but more just have something there to reveal your intention as your champ shows.... prior to locking it.

How it would work:
1) Pick your game type
2) Champ select starts
3) Click on the champ you want to play as
4) System forces you to click another little button stating "tank" "bot lane" "jungle" "AP" "AD" "Support" ... however many or miniumum that is needed
5) Now you have actually champ selected and only now will it show to the side to everyone on your team
6) Lock

Also: being a ****** and patronizing to anyone who wants to breach an obviously very popular topic... telling us we are retarded and idiots for bringing it up? Not cool. Obviously if people are bringing up a topic <gasp> MAYBE just MAYBE this topic is important to a lot of people and needs discussion and solutions. The current system is FAR from perfect and batting your little girly eyelashes, calling everyone down about it, isn't making the system better. It just makes you an *******. Congrats.
That is not what this thread is about.
This thread is to discuss the idea that if I want to Queue for Ranked, I need to Queue for "Ranked, playing Support" or "Ranked, playing Mid/Top" or "Ranked, playing any position".

Hoizengerd

10-31-2012

this is a terrible idea, roll queueing would be like playing one o those MMORPG's where there are a billion and a half fighters, a billion mages, another billion ranged & bout a million tankers and then every team is scrambling to find a healer like crazy cause there aren't enough of them

Ozaryn X

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
this is a terrible idea, roll queueing would be like playing one o those MMORPG's where there are a billion and a half fighters, a billion mages, another billion ranged & bout a million tankers and then every team is scrambling to find a healer like crazy cause there aren't enough of them
i would rather wait for a quality game with players that understand their roles. 2 minute queues for 40 minute fail/thrown games are no fun and hardly competitive.

Senator Snort

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
That is not what this thread is about.
This thread is to discuss the idea that if I want to Queue for Ranked, I need to Queue for "Ranked, playing Support" or "Ranked, playing Mid/Top" or "Ranked, playing any position".

The OP posted a link to THIS thread in another thread I made... and in that other thread I spoke about several different ideas and the reasons behind why I would ask for some type of role definition... in whatever form... be it through indicating as you queue or somehow in champ select.

OP brought me here. OP is a tool.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-31-2012

Senator Snort's idea is not identical to the others, but it's close enough and it has its own wealth of problems. I'll give him credit for his idea being slightly more creative, but it has pretty much has the same problems as these other ideas that suggest queuing for a specific role.

Senator Snort's idea involved some complicated system of "cards" or something, where when I'm at champion select, when I pick a champion, I also have to pick some sort of card that signifies to my teammates how I intend to play that champion.

Before I get into discussing Snort's ideas, let me clarify this. I'm not a tool; I'm not a troll. You didn't have to follow my link. You did, and now that you're here, if you'd like to take part in the discussion, you're more then welcome. The point of this thread is to consolidate all of these very similar ideas into one thread and then for THIS thread to be where all the discussion happens. Maybe, just maybe by the end of it, we'll have some sort of change that everyone can agree on. And what will be the benefit of having it all in one thread? This one thread will stay on the front page for months and months and months and months, and Reds will come by and look at this thread and see the discussion and maybe Riot will come up with something that will work.

But as it stands now, there's a handful of threads all with the same idea posted daily. The same idea posted multiple times daily. Most of the threads are significantly less creative than Snort's idea, and they're shot down time and time again. And then they fall of the main page.

But the fact that they're regularly posted then fall off the main page means that no one thread holds any traction, so Riot is pretty much ignoring them. This one thread serves as a database for all of those threads and allows all the discussion to take place in one thread so that everyone can see all the points that have already been discussed.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-31-2012

Now, as for Snort's idea... let me restate it. It involves choosing a role for your champion after you've picked your champion (not while queuing). On the plus side, it does get rid of the queue time problems that exists with picking your role before queuing. Additionally, Snort's idea doesn't limit players to any specific meta, not directly. But here's where I see some major problems.

1) The system is too confusing for new players. When I was new, I only vaguely knew the difference between AD and AP, and only had this general idea of what a tank was from playing MMORPGs (and a tank here is a bit different), I had no clue what terms like "carry," or "support," or "pusher" might mean. The system will unnecessarily complicate the game for newer players.

So you might argue to only implement it for ranked or simply all draft game modes.

2) What problem does this actually solve in ranked/draft? The only problem actually solved is the problem where a player does not communicate how he intends to play their particular champ, and there's a pretty small handful of champs where one can't logically assume how that champ will be played based on the fact that that's the champ.

It won't actually solve issues of "No, I already called mid!" because there's nothing in your idea that prevents someone from calling a role that's already been called. And your idea is for people to choose these cards that indicate role or build type as the champion is selected. The problem with this is in draft mode, the guy who is 5th pick isn't showing his role type until all the other champions have been picked. Moreover, excepting duo queues, 5th pick is the lowest Elo player, so it's actually not in the team's best interest to force him into a role. What if I'm 5th pick and I can play anything but ADC or APC, but I don't get to show cards that suggest this until it's my turn to pick and they've already forced me into a role.

But there are still more problems that are even more similar to the other ideas.

What happens if a new role develops that Riot doesn't have a card for?

What happens if I simply don't select cards when I pick my champion? This is effectively the same as not chatting in champion select. Do I reveal 0 cards? Do I reveal random cards? Am I kicked from the lobby? As it currently stands, I'm not kicked from the lobby for not selected a champion and being random, so it'd certainly be unreasonable if I were kicked from the lobby for selecting a champion but letting the role cards randomize.

12345612 ... 29