Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh4m

10-29-2012

I have a suggestion. I saw people posting about being able to show who honored your, or being able to put a message in with the honor, and your response was that it might become a tool for trolls and cheaters -- but, in my opinion, the honor system should be built for the NICE players. Instead of anyone caring if it's used to troll/trade, why not just let the nice players deal with other nice players? I can only imagine how awesome it would be in League of after a good game I could say "Good job dude, you did well and thanks for backing me up when ____ started flaming" or something along those lines.

I love the honor system, but I think this change would only go further in making toxic players the last of a dying breed. Let the honor system root them out, and let nice players deal with each other.

I must say, the idea for a system which focuses on POSITIVITY is just genius. Good work.

KoopaBlizzard

10-29-2012

I just have a quick question about the badges.

I have a leadership badge. I didn't actually think I'd get one, because I have only 23 helpfuls and 83 teamworks. I really wanted the friendly badge, because I love being friendly in games. ^_^ So how did I get the leadership badge? I also have 53 friendly's.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I can check at the office tomorrow but the last time I checked it was 0.1% and the Crest is actually called Crest of Honor - Great Mentor. So you needed to get more than "Helpful" Honors to unlock it
Thanks, now I truly am an internet badass.

General Treble

10-29-2012

Yikes, this system is truly amazing. Lyte, you and your team are doing some fantastic work here. Please keep it up!!

Exploding Barrel

10-29-2012

Sooo is the honorable opponent formula a little haywire? I felt a little left out in this game.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-30-2012
66 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Sooo is the honorable opponent formula a little haywire? I felt a little left out in this game.
We're seeing a huge abundance of Honorable Opponent Crests for players around 1100-1300 Elo. We're looking into it but if you look at Ranked or high Elo Normal Modes, only about 5-10% of players have unlocked the Crest.

SBSuperman

10-30-2012

Quote:
We're seeing a huge abundance of Honorable Opponent Crests for players around 1100-1300 Elo. We're looking into it but if you look at Ranked or high Elo Normal Modes, only about 5-10% of players have unlocked the Crest.
Maybe we're just an honorable group

SB

Skkyte

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaBlizzard View Post
I just have a quick question about the badges.

I have a leadership badge. I didn't actually think I'd get one, because I have only 23 helpfuls and 83 teamworks. I really wanted the friendly badge, because I love being friendly in games. ^_^ So how did I get the leadership badge? I also have 53 friendly's.
I think Leader is the friendly badge. Seeing as mentor goes to helpful and Teammate goes with teamwork that just leaves Leader with friendly.

Abandon Mae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
every. single. game.

Ninesixfive

10-30-2012

Another way to see if people are honer trading is just looking at post and pre game chat which is where it usually takes place.