Season End FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-30-2012
4 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
What about normal ELO and ELO for Dominion? Is it being reset too? Will we be able to see it come season 3?
Normal and Dominion Elo ratings will remain unchanged, and we have no plans to make them visible in Season 3.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Will you guys be updating the client to acknowledge the existence and necessity of dodging (ie providing a button and built in handling instead of doing it by force-severing the internet connection)?

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Normal and Dominion Elo ratings will remain unchanged, and we have no plans to make them visible in Season 3.
That is disappointing. My normal ELO is not that good due to the games I played pre-30 while learning. It's taking forever and a day to get it to the point where I don't get trolled every other game in normals. Normal ELO should really reset when you hit 30 anyway, since your performance while learning should not drag you down once you actually know what you are doing.

Qumfy

10-30-2012

Will skin trading or exchange be offered in season 3? What are the plans for this very desired utility?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-30-2012
5 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Revolvers View Post
Are you going to do anything about losing elo in 4vs5 matches? How is this fair?
We talk about this a lot internally, but it's not a simple problem. Say we removed or mitigated the Elo loss for losing a 4v5 match. As soon as players feel the game slipping out of their grasp, they would start bullying the perceived weakest link on the team to leave so that they could preserve their own Elo. Even if that player sticks it out and doesn't give in, it's a much more frustrating experience for everyone involved.

Rikukun

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
upvote the first part, downvote the second.

ranked dominion please thank you!

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-30-2012
6 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
So the gold border won't show up in normals?
Correct, the loading screen border trim won't show up in normal games.

Glyphz

10-30-2012

After season 3 starts, will our "unranked ELO" decay if we do not play if it's over 1400?

IE: I'm at 1500 after the soft reset, if I don't play for 3 months, will my "unranked" ELO still be 1500, or would it decay until under 1400?

Void2258

10-30-2012

Will we ever see Shaco or Trundle in the free rotation again? Each of them made exactly one appearance in the entirety of season two, and that was back in April.

FOODFOOD

10-30-2012

Yegg, since Dominion Normal elo is not resetting, can you give an update on the status of Ranked Dominion?