Dear Prof. Dr. Lyte, may i ask you a question?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oleoay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosReigns View Post
Never tried that I will add it to my list of things im attempting :P If you want my report, just search my name, wont be hard to find lol I think im actually the only one that is as accepting of my ban as I am :/
Starting up six different threads is hardly accepting...

KaosReigns

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleoay View Post
Starting up six different threads is hardly accepting...
The reason I started up new threads is those downvoters kept closing em lol If they just left em alone, I wouldnt have HAD to repost. It was so frustrating, so I took advice I was given, sent in a support ticket, waiting on 6 days now.

If you read them though, they all want to know the same thing, the exact reason for my ban, not to reverse it, reduce it, or explain it, just give me the actual reason.

As I said, without that, I have no way to know what I actually did wrong, I know I did something, having a ban makes that clear, I wanted more clarification on what it actually was. That is why I just put it up to verbal abuse. There is a difference between not accepting what you did wrong, and wanting the actual direct reason.

You cant just tell me I am charged for stealing lol you have to tell me what I stole. That is a really crappy analogy, best I got.

I suggested previously, there should be 1 extra piece of info in the report.

Reported for : Said offence from the reporters in game.

Punished for : What the tribunal actually punished for.

This would clear up what I am asking in all of my posts. I wouldnt have needed to come on here at all, I would have had the answer right there I hope this makes things a bit more clear lol

Oleoay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
The reason I started up new threads is those downvoters kept closing em lol If they just left em alone, I wouldnt have HAD to repost. It was so frustrating, so I took advice I was given, sent in a support ticket, waiting on 6 days now.

If you read them though, they all want to know the same thing, the exact reason for my ban, not to reverse it, reduce it, or explain it, just give me the actual reason.

As I said, without that, I have no way to know what I actually did wrong, I know I did something, having a ban makes that clear, I wanted more clarification on what it actually was. That is why I just put it up to verbal abuse. There is a difference between not accepting what you did wrong, and wanting the actual direct reason.

You cant just tell me I am charged for stealing lol you have to tell me what I stole. That is a really crappy analogy, best I got.
I'm pretty sure reds can look at downvoted posts so I'm still not sure why multiple posts were needed. Heck, I can look at downvoted posts and I'm not a red.

Well, from the log, Game 2 is enough for a punishment. Don't you think it's pretty clear what you did wrong in that one? Game 1 doesn't really have anything but if the Tribunal had just one case showing Game 2, it'd still be a punishment.

KaosReigns

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleoay View Post
I'm pretty sure reds can look at downvoted posts so I'm still not sure why multiple posts were needed. Heck, I can look at downvoted posts and I'm not a red.

Well, from the log, Game 2 is enough for a punishment. Don't you think it's pretty clear what you did wrong in that one? Game 1 doesn't really have anything but if the Tribunal had just one case showing Game 2, it'd still be a punishment.

That is a flaw with the tribunal. If you read around, most games are not punished on a 1 case basis. This is the case with my game. I have already stated I could have gone about it differently, and its plain that Ez was the one to start the entire thing (retaliation is not an excuse either).

At this point, simply saying the word ****, is enough for people to hit punish, when that is by no means a reason on its on.
For example:

**** you *******, that was a dickheaded thing to do. - Unacceptable : Reason - You are verbal assaulting another player.

Oh god damnit, I just ****ed up the gank big time there, **** - Acceptable : Reason - You are not directing it at anyone, you are just using it in context with you're sentence. This is just how some people talk, IRL and in game. I happen to be one of them.

I dont deny what I did, and as I said, I never have, I admit to my mistake, and am trying to change that.

As for being clear, no, it isnt, because nothing I said was over the top at all, and frankly, was very polite till about mid way. That is why I even posted, to have a red come in and confirm exactly what it is I got banned for.

I seriously fail to see why so many people just cant understand that I am not disputing the ban :/ I am trying to get as much information about it as possible so I can try to prevent it from happeneing again.

Ordray

Recruiter

10-29-2012

Could we please add the post-game chat to the Tribunal chat logs? A lot of stuff can go on (currently) without evidence for the Tribunal to act upon. If someone gets reported for verbal abuse and/or offensive language in the post-game chat, then I cannot tell if it's a valid report or someone just reporting because they know that I can't see it and would like the other player banned.

EndlessDeath

10-30-2012

Lyte, can you please examine this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2661434 I desperately want to know how/why this happened, it makes me worry, please respond.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-30-2012
15 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Yes, but Lyte has stated that the average reports is 1%, so even if I only get reported in 1/5 of the games I play, im WAY above the 1% margin he says the average person falls under.

*Fix* Sorry, I believe its, "The average player gets reported in 1% of the overall games they play" Something along those lines. Which is where the 2% report a week stat I mentioned comes from. I cant fine the actual quote, and if I am mistaking in this, I wouldnt mind being corrected if I am mistaking.

However, if I play 1 game a day, over the course of 140 days, my chances of being reported are DRASTICALLY reduced.

In the light of repeating myself, I will explain it the best I can.

I play on average 10-20 games a day.

10 * 7 = 70 Games / week

70 * 3 + or - 1 = 210 Games / month

210 * 6 = 1260 Games / 6 months

1260 * 1% = 12.6

Now, if my math is correct here, along the basis of the 1% margin that Lyte mentioned. With the amount of games I play, I risk being sent to the tribunal if I get 12.6 reports or more.

Now, that is 2.1 reports / month. While I dont argue the fact I do thing that due deserve to be sent to the tribunal, dont get me wrong, im not arguing that point, what im trying to point out is how someone like me runs the risk of easy bans.

2 Real Reports + 5 Fake = 7 = Tribunal sees say 3 = Banned
Your math is way off The Tribunal takes number of games into account so players that play more games are not penalized for doing so. A player who plays 1 game a week for 4 weeks (4 games total) has the same chance to end up in Tribunal as a player who plays 4 games in 1 day (4 games total).

Your account has a 19% report to game ratio, so it's pretty darn high. Over 60% of your reports are Offensive Language, Verbal Abuse or Negative Attitude.

Raptoreyes

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I gave an example test in a post above. I can take a pre-Justice Reviews case and send it back into the Tribunal post-Justice Reviews 100 times.

If players are trying to conform post-Justice Reviews, we should see shifts in the voting patterns on this exact case. Let's say this case was a ~60% Punish case before Justice Reviews; if players are trying to conform then almost everyone would vote Punish post-Justice Reviews so the same case should have higher and higher Punish %s post Justice-Reviews. Theoretically, if everyone is trying to conform, we should even see a 100% Punish rate.
So a large core of conforming votes self reinforces each time you feed it through the system getting more extreme each time. The way you described it above sort of reminded me of the description of a nuclear chain reaction in my physics book. None the less I am greatly relived that your team has a way to do pretty good reality checks to see if perverse behavior was polluting the system.

One note of caution however. It seems to me I read somewhere that betting patterns have remarkable predictive power so long as everybody functions as an individual (aka thinking for themselves). The whole can become more then the sum of its parts in these cases. However watching betting patterns in the stock market for example their are periods such as bubbles where some investments look so attractive in the media environment their in that people really do STOP thinking for themselves and then you get a "Mobs Messiahs and markets dynamic going" it tends to be a last stage before a big collapse.

So while players are behaving rather well at the moment. Perhaps later on irrationality and rating chasing could poison things. Though I think it unlikely since no tangible in game or extra game social benefits really attach to a high tribunal rating the way it attaches to ELO.

LastProtagonist

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Your math is way off The Tribunal takes number of games into account so players that play more games are not penalized for doing so. A player who plays 1 game a week for 4 weeks (4 games total) has the same chance to end up in Tribunal as a player who plays 4 games in 1 day (4 games total).

Your account has a 19% report to game ratio, so it's pretty darn high. Over 60% of your reports are Offensive Language, Verbal Abuse or Negative Attitude.
...Would there ever be an implementation to see similar statistics about oneself? I think it could be helpful to see a breakdown of the % of games you're reported in and a breakdown percentage based on the type of report. It would also be cool to see a "counterbalance" of an honor breakdown.

Also: Curiosity killed the cat.

Zanes theNArgent

10-30-2012

Dr. Lyte, when you'll create these two combat robots named Megaman and X?