Shrines in new TT pose balance issues.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FriendlyRaid

10-29-2012

Excellent points on this issue. This is better than most forum posts.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-29-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Okay, first I'd like to clarify; it is not a 10% damage increase. It's 10% bonus AD and AP. This is nowhere near a 10% damage increase. In addition it doesn't even mean much at the start of the game. It's at-most going to give a champion an extra 5 AD at level one, and that's the extreme case of all flat AD run Fiora with 2 AD items.

Now in regards to the tanky champs sitting on the altar. Yes, that's true but they are putting themselves in a large amount of risk standing out in the open. You should be collapsing on them with your entire team.

Think of the opposite side of the coin. Lets say you can interrupt the capture from range, maybe something similar to dominion. How bad would that feel as a bruiser? Look at the level of risk that person is putting them in to be shut down by Xerath going "lulululululul, tag!" as he casts his Q repeatedly from in lane.

I find running a balanced team comp (brusier/ADC/AP caster) is strong. Do things like Orianna E -> onto your brusier and have them initiate on the altar.

Overall the map is going to punish the solo queue mentality of thinking you can do everything on your own. It's 3v3 where team play is of the utmost importance. You can't expect to sit in lane for 15 minutes farming and do well.

infinite azure

10-29-2012

Can you please declare that things are strong in a higher elo than gold? Even in old TT gold was a joke. Trying a balanced team in plat or higher is asking to lose.

It was actually far easier to use a balanced team of bruiser bruiser carry on the old 3v3s, my team had to completely change to bruiserbruiserbrusier cause it was just impossible to win with a carry.

If you want I can explain why and how.

Kalarepa

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Think of the opposite side of the coin. Lets say you can interrupt the capture from range, maybe something similar to dominion. How bad would that feel as a bruiser?
Imo, whatever makes bruisers feel bad is good for this map, because bruisers are already totally broken here.

infinite azure

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
Imo, whatever makes bruisers feel bad is good for this map, because bruisers are already totally broken here.
I agree, the state of bruisers is absolutely ridiculous in this new version being tanky became so much more important now that you can't escape over the nearest wall if **** gets real, and don't have the same income potential from dragon that you used to. Vilemaw being harder to kill may have been the right choice to stop jungler comps, but the jungler comps that fed a carry via dragon were the far stronger ones.

Compound that with it being impossible to escape ganks early. and carries are completely shut out.

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-29-2012

Quote:
Now in regards to the tanky champs sitting on the altar. Yes, that's true but they are putting themselves in a large amount of risk standing out in the open. You should be collapsing on them with your entire team.
Singed Collapsing into that is just asking to die.. I would have to agree that the capture should be able to be interrupted in some way apart from just getting up there with them.
Quote:
Think of the opposite side of the coin. Lets say you can interrupt the capture from range, maybe something similar to dominion. How bad would that feel as a bruiser? Look at the level of risk that person is putting them in to be shut down by Xerath going "lulululululul, tag!" as he casts his Q repeatedly from in lane.
Most bruisers have a gap closer, back on the first side.. how would you feel being a mage and having to stand point blank to a bruiser to stop the capture? This method discourages playing most mage champions because they would just get insta-gibbed if they came anywhere near that alter to try and prevent the capture. I fear twisted treeline will always be a bruiser and tanky ap dominated map. Cho'Gath / Singed 2012

Quote:
^100% this.. I feel it isn't anything to do with the map layout or the items available. It's just the way the game is balanced towards SR that makes bruisers both tanky and deal decent damage while usually bringing some sorta CC into the mix for peeling. When you're limited to 3 players initiation and survive-ability become very important, and champions who are "squishy" and require more than some boots and a tier 1 dmg item to deal "tons of damage" can't sit toe to toe with a Jax, Rengar, Irelia, Riven, Lee Sin, Cho'Gath, Singed.. etc..etc...etc.

Henry Plainview

10-29-2012

Quote:
Overall the map is going to punish the solo queue mentality of thinking you can do everything on your own. It's 3v3 where team play is of the utmost importance. You can't expect to sit in lane for 15 minutes farming and do well.
That's not a solo queue mentality. There are many champions that need 15 minutes of farm to be able to do anything (champions that the remake was supposed to help!) and they can't do anything when they are dived every 10 seconds.

I appreciate that as a Rioter someone is actually talking with us about the complaints, but I'm not going to accept that our dislike is because there's something wrong with us.

Sam

10-29-2012

Quote:

Bruisers already been very strong in the old TT, the new TT just allows you to play more than just bruisers. Ex. AD/Support and still be able to win lane/game. Bruisers aren't just the way to win. You can easily counter a full bruiser team.

Early Items to counter : warden mail, glacial shroud, and ninja tabi

Going 3 man bruiser doesn't win games.

In the end, bruisers would always be dominate in 3v3.

Sam

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
That's not a solo queue mentality. There are many champions that need 15 minutes of farm to be able to do anything (champions that the remake was supposed to help!) and they can't do anything when they are dived every 10 seconds.

I appreciate that as a Rioter someone is actually talking with us about the complaints, but I'm not going to accept that our dislike is because there's something wrong with us.

Then don't' pick champions who need 15 minutes of farm, pick a diverse group which one can be very strong early game, another for mid- game, and one for hyper carry late game.

Your just complaining that people are diving you every "10 seconds" seem very invalid, because I've been playing a lot of TT lately and I don't see these every "10 seconds" I get dived on even when the other team is snowballing.

Henry Plainview

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Then don't' pick champions who need 15 minutes of farm, pick a diverse group which one can be very strong early game, another for mid- game, and one for hyper carry late game.

Your just complaining that people are diving you every "10 seconds" seem very invalid, because I've been playing a lot of TT lately and I don't see these every "10 seconds" I get dived on even when the other team is snowballing.
I could play champions that needed farm before because there was time to farm, there were places to run if you got jumped, and the game wasn't decided at 5 minutes. And now I can't. But I'm tired of arguing with you about TT2, you clearly see things very differently, and there's no point in even trying to explain myself if you're going to take being dived every 10 seconds as a literal statement.