Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

10-07-2012

But why are you playing on the US server when they made a BR Portuegese server just for you...Goodbye now

BoganSlayer

10-07-2012

Ignore button

MarlaMazzyHope

10-07-2012

I don't know, this seems more like a subplot of a bad community than actual racism. People who enjoy pissing other people off are using racism as a tool to do it. I doubt very much they have any strict racist beliefs, they hate themselves and everybody else a close second.

You think I don't know when you switch languages to insult me? It's obvious. I'm truly sorry that I can't switch to your native tongue and tell you that it isn't your race that bothers me, its that you don't understand teamwork, your champ, any other champ, or that 3 phantom dancers is f---ing stupid.

HeroesNeverQuit

10-07-2012

Switch the the brazil server and then it is no longer a problem...

Clowns Suck

10-07-2012

Eh I have to admit it does annoy me a bit when I'm on the NA server and I'm the only one on my team that can/is willing to speak English. I mean there is a BR server for a reason. Annoys me even more when they start speaking perfectly understandable english long enough to say I suck and tell the other team to report me before going back to only speaking another language. Its not all the fault of americans/english speakers there are some real ******bags that speak other languages as well. And I can't even count the times I've been called a "stupid american" for no reason.

Failbot Deploy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

This thread was created before a Brazil server was up and the server change costs $20 or leveling something new. It's absurd that they have it that much RP to change servers when this was created to help fix these kind of problems and probably help reduce server loads

Kiechiro

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Agreed.
The reason people assume NA Server's are english is because it's NORTH, AMERICAN, SERVERS, This mean's the server's are based in NORTH AMERICA, Know what North America is? ENGLISH(American imo) and as a result you should be expected to be able to speak it, So while this doesn't mean you HAVE TOO, You should be expected to be able too.

NK Carry

10-29-2012

I think the actual issue isn't racism, but rather it is the fact that the United States is a very homogeneous country. One national language. One dialect of English.

I honestly think that rather than allow everyone to mix into servers that are dedicated to languages they don't speak, we should force people to play regional servers (like they do in maple story). BUT also have an international server that can be accessed from any account (regardless of server).

^that way, if a NA-English server player wants to play with TW-Chinese server friends, they just select "international" at login and then they can play together.

This way, people across the world can still play together, and people going into solo ques don't have to worry about language barriers.

Happy Decoy

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK Carry View Post
I think the actual issue isn't racism, but rather it is the fact that the United States is a very homogeneous country. One national language. One dialect of English.
The United States does not have an official national language, is a pluralistic society comprised of cultural influences from around the world, and is a place where (amongst other languages) numerous dialects of English are spoken.

NoneLikeRob

10-29-2012

Well, this is an english speaking server, that may not warrant outright racism, but it bugs me to no end when you come onto an ENGLISH speaking server with ENGLISH speaking teammates and speak another language. It is obvious you speak ENGLISH so perhaps instead of QQing, you should just, well, speak ENGLISH. If I went onto a server that spoke chinese and only spoke english, I am sure they would be pissed at me. As for the whole "it's absurd to make them pay for a server change" arguement, they chose to play a game on an english speaking server. There are games i would love to play, but since I don't speak any asian languages, I don't, so tough titties.