Jungle Help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zWilky

10-29-2012

Hey guys, im currently new to LOL, and am lvl 16. I love the jungle, and thats what I want to do is become a pro jungler (not literally pro, just very very good at jungling and ganking).

So as i said, im lvl 16, and Ihave 2000RP, along with 6413 IP. So I have enough for any champions and runes/whatever.

Can anyone recommend some junglers for me. Im looking for ones that have slows, and can do alot of damage, and that dont fade off late game. (dont really care about difficulty as I will learn to play them, idc how long it takes)

Also, do i need to buy runes and stuff to, or can i jungle without them?

Thanks for the help
-zWilky

chaser676

10-29-2012

You're close to level 20, which is when tier 3 runes are unlocked for you. Save your ip for then, you'll need about 12k.

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

10-29-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'd suggest Udyr, Maokai, or Nautilus as junglers; their CC makes for very strong ganks that your teammates can usually capitalize on.

Lee Sin is also a very fun jungler but he has a pretty high skill cap.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Maokai is definitely good for ganks. Olaf is very good too. His slow is a skillshot that goes trough minions, so you just have to aim it right, and you can do it more often when chasing. You can also add damage through your true damage nuke.

He's very fast to clear camps, after his first route he doesn't really need blue anymore, I think you'll love him.

Dumerk

10-29-2012

did you try Shaco? it very fun and hard to catch up.

Gotanychimsphere

10-29-2012

Nunu is cheap and easy to jungle. His snowball and bloodboil make for easy ganks.

CounterSnipe

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zWilky View Post
Hey guys, im currently new to LOL, and am lvl 16. I love the jungle, and thats what I want to do is become a pro jungler (not literally pro, just very very good at jungling and ganking).

So as i said, im lvl 16, and Ihave 2000RP, along with 6413 IP. So I have enough for any champions and runes/whatever.

Can anyone recommend some junglers for me. Im looking for ones that have slows, and can do alot of damage, and that dont fade off late game. (dont really care about difficulty as I will learn to play them, idc how long it takes)

In general all junglers will fall off late game due to the fact they don't get to have a solo lane. This is why you will find 90% of the jungler guides on solomid.net to revolve around building tanky junglers.

At the moment I'd recommend Nocturne and Shaco for you, as they're both on sale this week. Nocturne, as I build him, is a very tanky and fast jungler. He has a fear in his kit, not a slow, but you can always build a phage if you want to slow opponents.

Shaco is slightly harder to use/learn than Nocturne is, but he's still very fun and one of the best early game junglers in the game at the moment.

Also, do i need to buy runes and stuff to, or can i jungle without them?

Phoenix Udyr is the only jungler I would use without any runes at all. You want to have runes on your junglers because it allows them to take less damage while jungling and also allows them to clear their camps faster. I'd recommend a standard AD page of
Reds = Flat AD
Yellows = Flat Armor
Blues = MR/LvL
QUints = FLat AD.
You can use this specific rune page to jungle pretty much any standard jungler that scales with AD, such as RIven, Lee SIn, even Udyr (Udyr can be jungled two ways).

With all of this said, I'd like to refer you to this guide as it's really nice for noobs and teaches them the ins and outs of junglng with 20 minutes worth of video tutorials.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ic-build-guide

Thanks for the help
Np.
-zWilky
Oh and only buy the T3 runes

zWilky

10-31-2012

wow guys, thanks for all the responses! This will truly help me out a ton. Im currently going to go do some more research on some of these junglers.
Thanks again everyone!

Magus Crow

10-31-2012

Maokai, Skarner and Cho'Gath all might interest you.

ixkillxease

11-01-2012

Shyvana and Mundo are pretty fun to Jungle with. They're both naturally tanky and have really good damage. They also both have an AOE skill that surrounds themselves with fire that damages all the monsters in the camps, which makes for quick and easy Jungling. Ganking is also easy due to Shyvana's Ult and Mundo's Infected Cleaver. I hope you get a chance to try these awesome heros.