[Tool] Spectate Anyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Hi Jabe!

Awesome tool, I've been using it for a while and it works great.

A couple things that I've found myself wanting:

-an option in the config file for a player list, which will automatically be loaded and checked when the client successfully connects. I know it's just a couple clicks, but I know it can be coded in there

-I run the .jar directly, so I don't see any exceptions when the're thrown - when there was that problem with the servers down it just stalled at 'connecting'.. perhaps a dialog box could pop up for certain exceptions, such as server down/invalid client version/invalid password?

Keep up the good work bro

chippernicus

10-29-2012

Jabe. Riot should pay you. This tool has allowed me to get better as a player.... and now i play alot more. You are awesome!

Gameiki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-29-2012

Hey jabe I am able to log in and pull up a list of people but when I try to spectate any player the game starts to load but is just a black screen. After some time it says "Game not found in server for spectating. The game with now exit." This happens no matter what game I try to spectate. If tried about 20 different games and tried both NA and EUW servers. I have updated the software version number for league and java. I am not sure why but this error isn't in the list of errors on the front page. any help would be awesome.

Jabe

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3RÓ View Post
Hey jabe I am able to log in and pull up a list of people but when I try to spectate any player the game starts to load but is just a black screen. After some time it says "Game not found in server for spectating. The game with now exit." This happens no matter what game I try to spectate. If tried about 20 different games and tried both NA and EUW servers. I have updated the software version number for league and java. I am not sure why but this error isn't in the list of errors on the front page. any help would be awesome.
I've never seen that. Do you have the most recent version of the program?

Gameiki

Recruiter

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
I've never seen that. Do you have the most recent version of the program?
Hey jabe. I figured out th problem. I did have the new bat and jar but I still had some of the old files in the same folder, after deleting them it runs fine. Not sure how they were interacting but yea that somehow fixed it.

MarsCollective

10-29-2012

Hey Jabe, every since the last patch I havent been able to use this wonderful tool anymore, from any of the computers Ive tried it on.

The error Im getting is this:

Quote:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at LoLRTMPSClient.getIPAddress <LoLRTMPSClient.java:325>
at LoLRTMPSClient.login <LoLRTMPSClient.java:169>
at LoLRTMPSClient.reconnect <LoLRTMPSClient.java:277>
at SpectateAnyone.setupClient <SpectateAnyone.java:482>
at SpectateAnyone.main <SpectateAnyone.java:78>
The same error pops in every computer.

I dont think I have anything wrong in my config either, it is exactly the same as it was before except I updated the version (double checked the numbers and they are correct).

I see you have this in your initial post:
Quote:
If you get the error "java.lang.NullPointerException" when entering a name with a special character in it, download the new version.
It seems to be that error Im getting the problem is that my tool never connects so I cant really enter names or anything. The error seems to be preventing it from connecting in the first place.

Any idea how to solve this?

Jabe

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsCollective View Post
Any idea how to solve this?
You need the latest version. Yours is out of date.

MarsCollective

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
You need the latest version. Yours is out of date.
Wow you were right, that solved it.

Didnt even know there was a latest version in these past few days!

Suggestion if you have free time some day> Add an auto updater XDD

Thanks!

Nerfed00

11-03-2012

Any idea what is causing this?

Jabe

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfed00 View Post
Any idea what is causing this?
Are you using IPv6? If you are, add "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" (without the quotes) to your batch file.

So,
java -jar -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true SpectateAnyone.jar