The snowballing on TT2 is just stupid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

10-28-2012

<Comment that states the new TT is much worse than the old in every way.>

Upvotes plox.

fiddlesticksssss

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
You must have played very little old TT than once you lose 1st blood and a few kills, no way of coming back on that one. True.
On gold and lower ranking "lowest i have been is bronze and highest is gold", come backs were extremely easy with ward placement. A lot of teams always pushed down both inhibitors thus starting the turtle factor in the game. Just farm for 20-30 minutes and GG. You will pretty much catch up in gold no matter what. However in platinum i am assuming you already know about the counter turtle strategy so idk if come backs are possible or not. Skarner really does help change games as well since he was my main on that map.

fiddlesticksssss

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
I think that Turtleing was a problem in so far as once you got ahead to a certain point, you want to game to end. But turtleing didn't happen all that often for me in solo queue normals. perhaps its a bigger issue in Ranked, IDK

That said I also actually enjoyed putting up a desperate defense (from time to time) and maybe even winning. Also, I didn't mind having to push through determined defenders.

I never really found it all that hard to do if I could convince both of my mates to get guardians, take out both inhi at the same time and then rush the center.

In a very few games, I mean maybe I in 200 or 300 the opposing team just locked it up and their team comp was such there was no way we were gonna push through.

So what? It was so rare and I'm just as happy tipping my hat to them for beating us with good defense. heh, happens in the NFL all the time. yeah it's fun to watch 40 to 33 games, but I can also appreciate a 7 to 3 game.

Just saying.

Regardless, the "turtle" issue just required a few lines of code to fix. Perhaps less (way less) damage to minions from the laser. Or a different pathing or blocking wall(s). Simple stuff really.
Turtling is technically impossible with some strats that were mainly banned out in my games i.e blitz, tryndamere, morgana. Those were always my 3 bans which were the hardest to counter. I FP skarner always for turtling if we are losing for the ult into pool, and most likely the enemy played Darius, teemo, and riven (or insert any top here like lee sin, cho, or singed). We would play skarner, voli, and gp or change gp to w/e my drunk friend felt like playing at the time "1 time a terrible evelynn that we came back and won with a 25 minute turtle". Its not something to boast about, but my point is that turtling was much more common on ranked. I have played 2500~ games on Normals and yes turtling was far and few between, but when it did happen, the team that turtled most likely won. Turtling is now fixed with the new healing pools on shivering Isles which could easily be placed in Twisted Treeline, and completely fix it.

Haeval

Exqzr

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Turtling is technically impossible with some strats that were mainly banned out in my games i.e blitz, tryndamere, morgana. Those were always my 3 bans which were the hardest to counter. I FP skarner always for turtling if we are losing for the ult into pool, and most likely the enemy played Darius, teemo, and riven (or insert any top here like lee sin, cho, or singed). We would play skarner, voli, and gp or change gp to w/e my drunk friend felt like playing at the time "1 time a terrible evelynn that we came back and won with a 25 minute turtle". Its not something to boast about, but my point is that turtling was much more common on ranked. I have played 2500~ games on Normals and yes turtling was far and few between, but when it did happen, the team that turtled most likely won. Turtling is now fixed with the new healing pools on shivering Isles which could easily be placed in Twisted Treeline, and completely fix it.

Alright, I agree, I was never against fixing the bases for easier access and quicker victories.

But neither was I all that upset about the turtle problem. Really, I was good with whatever "fix" RIOT would have done to the map. I always ASSUMED, I would like any changes they made.

LoL was I wrong!

fiddlesticksssss

10-28-2012

Quote:
Alright, I agree, I was never against fixing the bases for easier access and quicker victories.

But neither was I all that upset about the turtle problem. Really, I was good with whatever "fix" RIOT would have done to the map. I always ASSUMED, I would like any changes they made.

LoL was I wrong!
There is a counter turtle strategy. In ranked games, if we were far ahead, but they had a good turtle team, we won't push down the inhibitors. In this sense they are not capable of pulling super minions into the pool and getting a ton of cs for free. We would wait with a bunch of wards, and keeping the entire jungle. When they came out down the stairs we would all run in and get a kill or ace. With just 1 kill we would drop a inhibitor and quickly take the turret. If they pulled the minions, i would shield and tank turret shots, and we would take turns. We might lose 1 person, but after that you can just flash backdoor and GG.

Exqzr

10-28-2012

Quote:
There is a counter turtle strategy. In ranked games, if we were far ahead, but they had a good turtle team, we won't push down the inhibitors. In this sense they are not capable of pulling super minions into the pool and getting a ton of cs for free. We would wait with a bunch of wards, and keeping the entire jungle. When they came out down the stairs we would all run in and get a kill or ace. With just 1 kill we would drop a inhibitor and quickly take the turret. If they pulled the minions, i would shield and tank turret shots, and we would take turns. We might lose 1 person, but after that you can just flash backdoor and GG.
My point. I might have dealt with it different, I.e. a rush behind the super minions. But Turtleing was never really an issue for me. That said, it never bothered me when people complained about it being an issue for them.

fiddlesticksssss

10-28-2012

Quote:
My point. I might have dealt with it different, I.e. a rush behind the super minions. But Turtleing was never really an issue for me. That said, it never bothered me when people complained about it being an issue for them.
Yes neither i, however its one of riots "main" reasons for not allowing us the pleasure of playing on a classic map like twisted treeline. I just don't understand why twisted treeline can't be normals only, and SI can't be normals and ranked. Won't split up the "competitiveness of the map", but also allow myself and others to enjoy in my opinion a superior map.

Exqzr

10-29-2012

Quote:
Yes neither i, however its one of riots "main" reasons for not allowing us the pleasure of playing on a classic map like twisted treeline. I just don't understand why twisted treeline can't be normals only, and SI can't be normals and ranked. Won't split up the "competitiveness of the map", but also allow myself and others to enjoy in my opinion a superior map.
I totally agree.

I'll take the OLD TT and all it's flaws and play it for years and years.

Would be nice if they would "tweak" it but really, its the best map and most fun.

P.S. I just played another game on the new map. It just is not fun at all. Not when you win and not when you lose. I really don't get it.

Haeval

10-29-2012

Quote:
I totally agree.

I'll take the OLD TT and all it's flaws and play it for years and years.

Would be nice if they would "tweak" it but really, its the best map and most fun.

P.S. I just played another game on the new map. It just is not fun at all. Not when you win and not when you lose. I really don't get it.
Yeah, yesterday I played a couple more games to give it a fair shake, but it's just plain boring.

Granted, I won both games, but you shouldn't be bored with a winning OR losing game every time you play the map....

BORING...

Oh, and this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post30779522