FPS drop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nonsensé

10-26-2012

teamfights many AOE's like shyvanas burnout too
fps drops on summoners rift too

Michelill0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I buy zombie Brand and brand... ulti secon power third power 40 fps go to 7-12 fps
GG
:/

Virux

10-26-2012

I'm just getting lower FPS in general. My laptop usually only plays about 40fps, I limit it to 30 so I linger around 26-28-30. Shadow Isles(I refuse to call it TT?!) I stay steady at 18 which is just enough to make shroom/turret placement really difficult for some reason. Very low settings.

inspectorballsac

10-26-2012

I play on the lowest settings, my fps is like 30-40 stable, and then when im on a teamfight or when i see champion level 6 abilities like vayne's, karthus, sona, yorick, brand, etc, my fps drops to 8 or lower and its just unplayable, cant respond in teamfights ;(

CallMeCrazySam

10-26-2012

Personally, I have found that certain characters have dropped my frames terribly on any map. Most obviously Vayne. I could be sitting in lane with just her on my screen on Summoners Rift, use her ult, and drop my frames to 5 from ~20. I know I do not have the best computer, but before the update yesterday I could use her ult PERFECTLY fine and maintain basically the same frame rate, which in turn means the addition of the new TT has screwed stuff up for some reason.
As I said, my PC is terrible and I have everything set to low. However, my PC is not the problem. The game ran almost perfectly fine for me before the update, now my frames will not stay at a playable level.

Burns Two

10-26-2012

my fps was fine b4 this update. after it i cant team fight anymore. I played a game were i went bot vs a zyra and everytime she attacked me my fps went to 10 from 70. theres something wrong with this update with fps, cant do anything

naotasan

10-26-2012

This thread is my "report" of FPS lag

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2725781

Crukz

10-26-2012

Im having problems with the FPS drop too, I resolved it with the change from high quality to medium quality, now my FPS stay at least normal. But before I didnt have this problem. Since the remake of the Summer's Rift map I've been having a lot of lag and now with the new TT is just sad, its was smoother before... now we will have to buy a new compter so we can support LoL u.u

Ashe킹

10-26-2012

i have no prob b4 the patch but after i have huge fps down on some champion's skills, like vayne ult, karthus ult, mao's snare, and riven's q etc.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-26-2012
7 of 13 Riot Posts

Just to update you guys:

We are testing a fix for issues with FPS dropping and plan on having a hotfix out in the near future. The short version of what is happening was related to some under the hood changes to the game. Certain particles were causing the game to re-draw the terrain around the particles.