Regarding the latest Varus nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElArquero

10-26-2012

The recent change to Varus's run animation is a joke. Although some complain the old run didn't "feel right" the new run is not the solution. The old run fit perfectly with his character and made us feel like we were a man on a mission, ready to stalk our enemies. Any seasoned Varus player will tell you that we got used to the walk and it was one of the things that made Varus who he was. Here are a few post on the Reddit topic if you don't believe me.

Quote:
Revenant_Sniper said: I personally hate this. The whole idea of Varus was his acceptance into pure corruption to get his ultimate revenge. Nothing matters to him other than killing those that have destroyed his home and family; nothing but the kill. He's also calculated and patient, he moves as if an enemy could always be there and he needs to be ready to take them down. You don't walk like that when you're always on edge ready for a kill before they even see you, you would be hunkered down and you would side step like he used to. Yes it was creepy, VARUS IS CREEPY. He's not the honorable man he used to be, he embraced the dark power he was sworn to protect in order to get the ultimate revenge.
Now he just looks like some average bloke with a ****ed up arm moving about and never moving his arm ever. It looks so dumb and half-assed too. They took the top part of the same animation and gave him normal walking legs. It doesn't look good, it doesn't mesh with the top half of his body and just makes him look goofy.
Varus was my favorite ADC because of his lore and his feel first and foremost and they are ruining the whole feel behind him. Don't think I'll be able to play him anymore. =/
Quote:
Anotheron said: Why don't you change the name as well then? Varus got his name by varus deformity, crippled knee thats why he was walking creepy
Quote:
darkadious said: it is a nerf.
now people will see his running animation and think "woah this purple guy is fast (because how many people see varus?), i should probably stop chasing him". no more kiting.
i preferred his crouching/creeper animation.
Here's a link to the original post if you want to read more. http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...tion/?sort=hot

I hope this gets to Riot. People are very unhappy and I feel this could throw Varus further into obscurity. I know I and many others will refuse to play him until he is fixed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

10-26-2012

I really want to pick him up since he is currently on sale, but his animation has been bugging me for a while. I've played a few games with him and enjoyed all of them, but this is the only thing bugging me.