eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

I was just curious since it seems we will have Harrowing skins again this year. They will most likely be legacy? You said your pet project is to create a way for old and new summoners to do skins trades in regards to LE and Legacy skins.
I am just curious if you are planning on abolishing the release of legacy skins since they seem counterproductive to your view of league. What I mean by that is, you want people who love specific skins to be able to obtain them, but the existence of these skin types prevents that and furthers the problem.
Perhaps you had internal pushback from preventing the release of more of these?

So I guess my main question is: Do you have plans to abolish further releases of timed limited availability skins?

LimitlessChaos

10-19-2012

So my question to you is when will we see more bundle pricing / the ability to get a nice discount for picking up two-four skins at once? I've been dying to get Tyrant Swain, Blackthorn Morgana and Fullmetal Jayce for example; but none of them ever go on sale. I'd love to buy them all at once if you could do some kind of "custom" purchase discount where I can get half off the skins if I buy a bunch at once or something like that.

Your thoughts, stordle?

Tortferngatr

10-21-2012

Why shouldn't Riot greatly reduce the RP costs associated with the 450s and 1350s? They ARE very RP-inefficient purchases, and 1350 sales are "bleh" as a partial result, much like 3150 sales are right now.

UNPGriff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Will there be a mass skin retirement like last year, and can we expect to see some of last year's legacy skins any time in the near future?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-26-2012
8 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
Will you be evaluating rune prices in the future?
Yes, as I've mentioned a couple of times, rune prices are on the list to evaluate at some point in 2013. Rune page prices, champion prices, new types of content, summoner name changes, bundles, etc. have all been higher priority because of more player interest and/or ease of solving the problem, but I recognize that rune prices are pretty high on the list of player concerns.

When that time comes, I'll seek out input from the community on what the biggest concerns are with rune prices.

Duarack5

10-26-2012

Good guy Hippalus.
Seriously, thanks for giving us so much info

boooonana

10-26-2012

are all the new champions gonna be all 6300 ip

TheFinalAeon

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooonana View Post
are all the new champions gonna be all 6300 ip
Addendum: When will champions stop being "New" and/or "OP Enough" get an IP Price drop? Fiora, for example, is not worth 6300 IP in my honest opinion. Maybe a 3150 on a good day. And some of the 6300 Champs have been around for a while now.

I guess another question is "Are champs' IP Costs defined by age or how inherently useful they are?"

johnlennonpwns

10-26-2012

Here's a question for ya,

I know you guys are working on bundles for the future beyond the basic ones available now, could you possibly give us some "soon(tm)" info about these and perhaps price point ideas or what might be included in them?

Noblepeasant

10-26-2012

Have you ever considered a "flex" bundle?

Sadly, I played this game for a long time and had purchased a number of champions before I realized bundles even existed. If there was a "flex" bundle that allowed me to pick champions at different price teirs that would have been awesome. You could make this "bundle" less cost effective than the pre-determined one, but players who have been around longer would be more likely to purchase since they wouldn't be buying a bundle that included a number of champs they already owned.