Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 52
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nurbutt

10-26-2012

Ok that is a total lie. How is it more expensive for you to allow others to do your job. THis is a joke. You got to be kidding. That is economically impossible. It is. You allow others to do jobs you the company should be doing yourselves. So are you saying you spend more money than BLizzard ratio wise not actual because we know who wins that hands down. So what you are saying is that you spend more than blizzard with the tribunal when you have noooooooooooooooo customer support in the game to even tlak to a person about your ban? Please enlighten me how this process is more expensive because im not a part of your company but just through logic there is no way its more expensive explain how its more expensive. Than having people read the cases and decide them without the tribunal because that is impossible and now you really are lying.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

i want a video footage system. this is where you would have a full understanding of why what is being said in the chat log.

Best Sona Mid NA

10-26-2012

Lyte, is there some way we can get the option to report people from a Tribunal case? I have seen some pretty nasty chat from people who aren't the subject of my case. I know they will probably get a ban at some point, but I think it would be nice if we could speed that along by reporting them as well.

Obviously there would be some issues with it, but the general idea is not bad, right?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-26-2012
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
i want a video footage system. this is where you would have a full understanding of why what is being said in the chat log.
Other teams are already working on replays; but realistically, replays don't actually add that much accuracy to Tribunal cases. There's already enough detail to render accurate judgments on the vast majority of Tribunal cases and honestly most players wouldn't watch the replays anyway.

ThereRnoIDs

10-26-2012

Quote:
lol you really think they can when they can't even include pre chat in the tribunal?

Best Sona Mid NA

10-26-2012

Quote:
i believe a video footage system would be able to keep innocent players from being banned and remove more toxic players at the same time. replays take up little space. sc2 replays take up about 50 kbs of space. so why cant this be added to the tribunal? lyte i want to discuss this.
Seriously dude, you have to give people time to respond. You just keep spamming. He was already answering your question, so your posts have been pretty worthless.

A Giant Boulder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMeowsworth View Post
Lyte, is there some way we can get the option to report people from a Tribunal case? I have seen some pretty nasty chat from people who aren't the subject of my case. I know they will probably get a ban at some point, but I think it would be nice if we could speed that along by reporting them as well.

Obviously there would be some issues with it, but the general idea is not bad, right?
From the responses I've seen from Riot about this previously, they've stated that more often than not these players have their own Tribunal cases in the system. The ones that don't usually acquire one shortly after especially if the behavior continues. I think they want to keep cases focused on the player being reported, and not worry so much about the others except for when providing context or to examine provocation etc.

Would it probably move these players along in the system faster, yes. Is it worth the resources and time to put it in when the players are already going to be caught by the system? That's debatable, and more than likely not worth it.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-26-2012
4 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMeowsworth View Post

The general idea isn't bad, but in many cases this is a form of 'double jeopardy' that we want to avoid. In some cases, this feature actually wouldn't be worth developing at all. For example, let's say in theory that 100% of players that are seen as toxic in Tribunal cases also have their own Tribunal case.

Then, we develop a feature that allows you to report anyone in your Tribunal case. What value have we actually added? In this theoretical example, we've actually developed a feature that is completely useless because the players you report are already in the Tribunal.

Vahlen

10-26-2012

Lyte, I'd be interested in hearing about your progress with the false report system. We saw a preview of it once with the mass manual ban, but have not heard anything from you or players effected by it since.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaaki View Post
From the responses I've seen from Riot about this previously, they've stated that more often than not these players have their own Tribunal cases in the system. The ones that don't usually acquire one shortly after especially if the behavior continues. I think they want to keep cases focused on the player being reported, and not worry so much about the others except for when providing context or to examine provocation etc.

Would it probably move these players along in the system faster, yes. Is it worth the resources and time to put it in when the players are already going to be caught by the system? That's debatable, and more than likely not worth it.
yes but sometimes there is more going on than what is in the chat log can you agree to that?

12345612 ... 52