@Twisted Treeline = Death of Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

10-25-2012

Meh, at least remade TT is a fun alternative (for now). It's a nice halfway point between SR and Dominion now, whereas before it felt more like SR in terms of pacing. Now to rework my mantheon build for TT, as I do not actually like pillager on him much (woo 10% spellvamp recovering maybe 100 health a fight). Hopefully it has soloq ranked this time around, because normals will die fast without bans.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

3v3 sooooo boring though.

lbgsloan

10-25-2012

It's not as fun as Dominion used to be for me, but gamebreaking OPs and stale meta have kind of killed soloq Dominion for me for the time being. I don't see Dominion getting any help until TT is declared 'finished' and out of beta, if not even longer. Riot has said many times they'd do something for Dominion, yet here we are all left in the dark as usual.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I find new TT a worse dominion, I have no reason to play it, though if you enjoy the laning phase of SR, you may enjoy new TT.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

10-25-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Dominion WILL get its dues. But as someone has mentioned, my time has been directed towards TT for the past... forever.

NamKim

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Dominion WILL get its dues. But as someone has mentioned, my time has been directed towards TT for the past... forever.
RiotNome!! You're alive!!

Is Evelynn and Twitch still your mains on both SR and Dominion?

I have yet to play the new TT but I know a ton of work went into it and it looks amazing. Unfortunately and fortunately, I know Riot's philosophy: "always raise the bar."

The fortunate side is that Dominion will become even more awesome than ever.
The unfortunately side is that good things require good time.

Sagethyme

10-25-2012

Quote:
Ranked!!
^_^

Fomorian27

10-25-2012

Quote:
I assume the crystal scar is new enough that it won't require a visual overhaul along with the gameplay rework? Can we expect a Dominion rework earlier than TT because of this?

MagicDucks

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Fury View Post
Anyone else think Riot is letting Dominion die off as quietly as possible?
that's how TT felt like the longest time, and now a remake exists, so I know riot does not give up on what they work so hard on, its just for now their resources are for now not focused on dominion.

NamKim

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
I assume the crystal scar is new enough that it won't require a visual overhaul along with the gameplay rework? Can we expect a Dominion rework earlier than TT because of this?
Personally, I'm not entire sure. I think it is very much possible that Crystal Scar could get a visual update. But one that is similar to the SR visual update.

Crystal Scar is definitely more action orientated throughout the entire game compared to SR which is pretty passive until mid to late game on most games. Which means Crystal Scar could definitely use a visual update that makes the map feel "smoother" and makes it easier for lower end machines to play Dominion with a higher FPS.

I personally do not mind either way. The gameplay itself is what is most important for me.