Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raamroc

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
did they already remove ip gain or not yet? there is a mention about ip in the tribunal faq
they removed the IP from the tribunal a while ago

pAter dementis

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Then refute my obviously flawed fanboi logic. Or are you calling me a fanboy to divert attention from your inability to do so?
There's nothing to refute.

You just saw the scores. You didn't see the game.

No teamwork from them. Half the time at least 2 of them were in the jungle. I was frustrated and annoyed. Then they voted no to surrender. Perfect. Icing on the cake. Feed, ignore obvious teamplay and then OH! I know! Let's report the one guy NOT feeding and getting frustrated at the 4 of us feeders!

Yea, you're just a fanboi giving fanboi logic to a flawed game with the worst community of any Online game ever made. I'm 34 years old, son. And I've seen communities like this one destroy - what should be, a good game.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raamroc View Post
they removed the IP from the tribunal a while ago
no they didn't, they had the intention but kept ip rewards for a while
if they removed ip gain it was relatively recently

SwiftStriker00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2012

I love the changes to the system. Personally I think the intrinsic rewards will be far more compelling to reach the true justice of the community that I think you are trying to reach. My concern is with the Ladder ranking (and actually my qualms go hand in hand with the honor system as well ). By giving the player a tangible number they can compare to another player, there will be competition and gaming of the system. Remove the raw numbers from the players view.

For the honor. I think a color system would suffice. platinum, green, yellow, red.
platinum: means you have the temporary badge of honor
green: means you are doing well
yellow: fairly neutral
red: score < 10, and possibly toxic to the community.
Every time you get honored you can just use an "up" arrow instead of a number. This can remove a lot of the "I'm more honorable opponent than you" since the vast majority will probably be green.

This concept I believe should be applied to the Tribunal as well. First, I think you should decrease the number of players shown. To only one page of results. I.e. top 20/50. This will make those individuals trying to strive to be on the list purely for that reason, make it an intangible achievement. Thus making the only reason to participate is for the good willed reasons you want. But once again, don't show the player base a number. Just show either a color scale, a percentage, or a graph depicting relative effectiveness/score.

My last point. Which I've grown to accept after reading this forum. The extrinsic 5ip per correct score is actually beneficial. I think reward is present, so If people want to be rewarded its there for them. But its also low enough, where if you were really out for IP, it would be more profitable just to play the game. I'm very interested to see the stats on this one once your experiments are done.

Britishbulldozer

10-25-2012

Tribunal does not work pure and simple, the reasons people are banned are trivial and pathetic 90% of time.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

10-25-2012
92 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishbulldozer View Post
Tribunal does not work pure and simple, the reasons people are banned are trivial and pathetic 90% of time.
I once heard 90% of all statistics are untrue.

Akesgeroth

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
I should kick you in the shin for making that joke.

StarXstrukk

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
crazy how statistics are always changed or made up by the people he use them at any given time...statistics are a myth

Mongrul

10-25-2012

tribunal is garbage. scrubs voting down ppl for being bad players banned for language..there is a filter for a reason. screwing players for kids wanting ip

Akesgeroth

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrul View Post
tribunal is garbage. scrubs voting down ppl for being bad players banned for language..there is a filter for a reason. screwing players for kids wanting ip
http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif