Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNinjaTabby

Web Developer

10-25-2012
11 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankokukai View Post
i'll try to ask again
So, with the new features, the removal of the IP gains went through, or did you guys reconsider it?
We are currently not awarding IP.

ARM24

10-25-2012

Offensive Language... that is a grey area... there is an enable/disable function to the language filter... to some the word fart can be offensive... to others the censored words are not... Honestly offensive language has no place in the report section... verbal abuse does though for that could be characterized as hate (prejudice) spouting/endorsing and verbally assaulting teammates...

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3u View Post
then people who have their accounts banned for things that they did and who defended the game to actually play and disrespect to players so they could afk unban accounts?

Uhh what?

EvolilovE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNinjaTabby View Post
Please bring it back.

I want to help the community, but not without some proper rewards....
forum badges are useless imo.
Being on the ladder? what's the point... it'll just fall down if you miss out a day.

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM24 View Post
Offensive Language... that is a grey area... there is an enable/disable function to the language filter... to some the word fart can be offensive... to others the censored words are not... Honestly offensive language has no place in the report section... verbal abuse does though for that could be characterized as hate (prejudice) spouting/endorsing and verbally assaulting teammates...
Words like the N word, etc is kinda like offensive..sure. some things censored isn't that major but still, there are many offensive words out there .. and I would definitely keep the offensive language as an option..

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolilovE View Post
Please bring it back.

I want to help the community, but not without some proper rewards....
forum badges are useless imo.
Being on the ladder? what's the point... it'll just fall down if you miss out a day.

Think of it as like helping out the community... you do it because you want to make the community better or whatever. Not for the prize, etc.. Sure it'd be nice if you get some reward of some sort.. but if not. Don't get so upset about it.. You should already be more than happy when you ban a toxic player(s). or punish 'em :P

Locke Cole

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNinjaTabby View Post
Could you please explain why this was removed?

MuhGeeSher

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornan View Post
I'm not sure but I think because people mainly just did it for the IP.. like they didn't even look at evidence ( chat logs, cs, kills, deaths, build, etc. ) They just voted without even considering if the player deserves to get punished/pardoned.. At least that's what I think :]

RiotNinjaTabby

Web Developer

10-25-2012
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornan View Post
Lyte explained some of the reasoning in our original thread announcing the features: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...86276#29186276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
To accurately run this experiment, we need to remove the IP rewards and measure whether Tribunal increases in accuracy. This experiment also helps figure out what percent of the population does Tribunal for IP versus doing them for these two new features.

We want to encourage players to use the Tribunal if they want to make a difference in the community and reduce the number of players who are trying to do the Tribunal just for IP.

Sexual Healing

10-25-2012

Hey Riot,

I am interested in how your policy about provocation functions. I have recieved a warning for games in which I was being harassed by groups of duo-ed players. Just because the chat logs show me inidicating I won't be applying much jungle pressure to top/mid lanes, doesn't mean they don't show the demeaning remarks and refusal to provide assistance with the initial camps. How do you handle responsibility of players acting in response to toxic players? Am I a toxic player for being frustrated with having to clear jungle without assistance, while being called a "f*ggot n*gger j*w?" How can I expect to be a pressence on the map anyway while I jump back and forth between small camps trying to get on lvl?