@Lyte, why can you get banned for tribunal cases that occurre before your current ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
He's bored because he no longer has Iaw
It's great that Rioters respond this quick though. Reminds me of why I think Riot is the best gaming community out there.

Excomm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

They are not going to wipe out the cases that were already voted on because that would create massive database issues.

Your past behavior does impact how quickly you will be up for a tribunal review again (think of it like you are on probation after being banned through tribunal). You aren't given a clean slate.

That being said, it is very confusing to players to be banned for games played prior to being punished. In my opinion, if a player is sent to the tribunal multiple times the only games that should appear should be chosen from the pool received after the players' latest ban.

@lyte
My guess as to why this happens is that players may build up multiple tribunal cases with a large number of reports and the current system does not take into account the current status of the earliest tribunal case (in progress or complete) so the games are in fact in separate pools for multiple cases, but it gives the appearance that you are being punished for games you played before you were banned when in reality they are just completely separate tribunal cases.

If the games truly do overlap between tribunal cases, then that is a problem and should be fixed.

ArbatrazSquizz

10-25-2012

I actually had a punishment escalation that resulted in two consecutive suspensions from games that all came within a week of each other, both times for being "too condescending" to other players (instead of up and out harassment).

When I emailed support, they said it was a known issue but there was nothing that they could do about it. I literally got an email not even a full 24 hours after my first suspension was up before I had even played another game saying I was suspended again lol.

I've also received a suspension while suspended before. That one got fixed at least lol

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-25-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

What's your Summoner Name?

If you are banned by the Tribunal, it no longer counts any games prior to the ban for any future Tribunal cases.

DaedricChampion

10-25-2012

might've happened to me. Had few bad games that mightve shown up on the tribunal from weight from past cases. Either way its a fate (yeah) that I deserve.

svew

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
What's your Summoner Name?

If you are banned by the Tribunal, it no longer counts any games prior to the ban for any future Tribunal cases.
this happend to me look up "imfao" on euw. my game 1 was the only game that i did anything wrong and it was from a game that happend before my previous ban. my friend also confirmed games on his reform card that happend before a previous ban.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=svew

link to thread i made explaining everything