The New Twisted Treeline FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haddy22

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UG1Hunter1 View Post
Hi all, I'm sorry to be the one to say this but, i really don't like the new map.
It lags so so much, the game play is to different, the items are different and there are bush's everywhere so players like kha'zix and rengar will walk it and no one can do anything about it.

sorry i just don't like it

1Hunter1
you are not the only 1! you are not alone!
Give us back Twisted Treeline Classic!

Mertauh

10-25-2012

I like the idea of the new twisted tree line, but it seems so different that its like a completely different map. It has virtually no similarities to the old map besides the base and seems like it would make more sense as an entirely new game type titled "The Shadow Isles" rather than " The Twisted Treeline". I myself played many 3v3's when learning the game as a noob until I hit about level 30 when I committed to 5's. The new map is so different than the old map that it doesn't even feel like I'm playing 3's It seems more like I'm playing an entirely new game type. The Giant relics in the middle of each side of the jungle makes the jungle seem volatile because at times a whole team may dive in to try to take your relic completely interrupting your jungle and giving you little chance to get away. I believe that even though you say that you have made jungle "Improvements" you've actually made jungling less fun and useful than in the original map mode. Sure its easier to gank, but that's because you've removed most of the escapes and route options from the map, leaving it more simple minded and tunnel visioned. The new map seems more like a training ground for new players than an actual "improvement" to the old map and I would rather have the new one as a separate game type and keep the old TT, or just have the old TT and not have the new one at all.

amoenotep

10-25-2012

played a game on the new map....its so weird.

the map itself is pretty good, graphically enhanced and all, but the gameplay is so odd for what it was.

we had a laning phase-lasted all of about 3 secs, from the base to the first tower

we then jumped into the mid jungle and started team fighting because we were after the relic things, btw stand there and cap i get that but then it counts down..still didnt' figure them out.

the only time we really tried to play this map was when we pushed the other team out of the jungle or pushed their tower in.

so, in retrospect:
game times are dramatically reduced: yes, because you can go from top to bot and back to top before the other team can recover and stop you from backdooring constantly

team fights encouraged: yes, because why kill minions when you can kill champs constantly in the jungle

new items are win: yes, because most appear to jack your to unprecedented cheese status.

all in all, its a new game mode and not TT

TJonesss

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsikelsi View Post
I don't understand why you would change the map so much.
I think people who didn't play the old TT like the new map more. But the people who only played the old TT hate the new map.
I was a hardcore TT player, I hate 5v5 and twisted treeline is all I played. I really dislike this new map a lot, and most of that hate is probably coming from the fact that I used to love TT. I think, just as everyone else does, that you should have just made a whole new map all together (rather than modifying TT) or at least leave TT available to play in customs
Im very disapointed and extremely down in the dumps that I can't play twisted treeline anymore.

Also, the alters are probably the worst part. I might like it an eensy bit more if it weren't for alters. I don't think anyone likes the alters.

Please actually read and consider the reviews of this map and get them fixed quickly,

-sullen summoner

Well, me being a hardcore TT player, perhaps the only thing we can do, is not play this game anymore? By the looks of it, the League of Legends is updating to be the newest, yet there was nothing too wrong with the old. If it aint broke. dont fix it.

KoopaBlizzard

10-25-2012

"We're not happy until you're happy"

There's quite a few people who aren't happy Riot. xD

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

10-25-2012
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylph View Post
@Riot:

Our previous 3v3 rankings will indeed carry over, correct?
Your ratings will carry over yes.

Ultimately we decided to extend the season from 10/23 to 11/6 to give everyone an opportunity to gain more rewards. Since you can't lose your highest ranking (and associated reward), instead of disabling Ranked for TT we decided to keep it enabled and collect feedback on the map to ensure that it's very competitive for Season 3.

KRYPTØNITE

10-25-2012

Unbelievable lag issues, fix this .

ShadowOfNothing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

New items seem to be poorly balanced. For example Blackfire Torch.

*NEW ITEM* Blackfire Torch
Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Catalyst the Protector
Total gold cost: 2890 (combine cost: 800)
+50 Ability Power
+300 Health
+350 Mana
Unique Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target's current Health in magic damage over 3 seconds (effect halved for AoE and and damage over time).

2.5% damage over every 3 seconds, on say a very tanky singed, is simply too much. This item should be designed around mages, not a huge source of damage for tanks who deal a small amount of magic damage. In my humble opinion, this needs to be changed to flat damage instead of % damage, or the % damage needs to be nerfed in some way [and a lot]. In addition to either of these options, this item needs to scale with AP. This would allow Blackfire Torch to be just as useful, maybe even more useful when built on mages while diminishing its effect on a tanky character.

Another bone to pick I have is that Riot has had a complete lack of response to our feed back. If Riot expected this thread to not have people just call the map bad then Riot didn't think this through. Ignore the trolls and RESPOND to our valid feedback! I have made 2 valid non-troll posts now, and i feel very ignored. Now Riot could be reading all of these posts, but all the same, if Riot doesn't respond, people will assume Riot is not!

StarLord Quill

10-25-2012

This is an awesome new map and I had the chance to test it in the PBE -
HOWEVER, can you please keep the old map available as well?
Us old school 3v3 players still love the old map, and the new one is VERY different from the old one - why not just have both available to play?

- Thanks
Wolf

TheFinalAeon

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopaBlizzard View Post
"We're not happy until you're happy"

There's quite a few people who aren't happy Riot. xD
I think that secretly half the playerbase is Zuko with a million alt accounts. They're never happy.