Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Someone mentioned on Tribunal forum before that neutral monster kills were not showing up under CS in Tribunal - has that been fixed?

TOP10 ELO

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[aws3]news/October_2012/2012_10_09 Tribunal_Banner/Tribunal_banner2.jpg[/aws3]

Summoners,

We’re happy to announce that we’ve launched our latest addition to the Tribunal: [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29184148#29184148"]The Justice Review[/url2]!

This feature is part of a large-scale experiment aimed at increasing voting accuracy and providing players with tangible feedback about their voting record and effectiveness. After taking a look at some of our initial results and listening to community feedback, we determined that there was room for improvement with the Justice Review, Halls of Justice and the Tribunal. Though we aren’t quite ready to release the Halls of Justice, we’ve implemented the following changes:

• Adjusted “accuracy” and “streaks” in the Justice Review to be more precise.
  • Player Justice Ratings have been reset to 1200. Recent Tribunal voters may have an initial Justice Rating.
  • Fixed issues where some punished players would not receive notifications or Reform Cards. We’ve retroactively sent emails to these players.
  • Innocent players were very rarely banned, while toxic players more often went unpunished. Because of this, we’ve adjusted the Tribunal algorithms to be less lenient.

Feel free to ask any questions about the above changes, and we’ll do our best to answer them here!
Hey i was interested in visiting the tribunal but then you didn't even put a link on your topic that redirected to it.

Any reader lost interest

ScottyRawr

10-25-2012

Yay!! So glad it's back!

ShadowPraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Just ****ing tell us what is acceptable and not acceptable when it comes to chatting in games. Cause right now saying stupid is unacceptable as well as troll and moron.

The summoner's code isn't specific and I need specific examples of what is or is not against the summoner's code. Cause getting responses from player support like this

Doesn't actually help people reform or know what they can and cannot say to ensure they got get banned next time. I need hard laws to understand the summoner's code.
What you seem to fail to understand is this isn't about having a list of "What can I not say?" - it's not about seeing where the line is and riding as close to it as you can without nudging yourself over into punishment territory.

The rule is "Act like a decent human being" - if you need "hard laws" to explain to you what that means, then your parents didn't do a very good job of raising you.

Daen

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Just ****ing tell us what is acceptable and not acceptable when it comes to chatting in games. Cause right now saying stupid is unacceptable as well as troll and moron.

The summoner's code isn't specific and I need specific examples of what is or is not against the summoner's code. Cause getting responses from player support like this.
What's acceptable is not being a dick. It's honestly difficult to get punished by the Tribunal; I've played over 1800 games, and know at least 50 people that have played amounts similar to me and none of us have even been warned by the Tribunal. Either say things that're constructive or just don't speak, it's so simple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post
Hey i was interested in visiting the tribunal but then you didn't even put a link on your topic that redirected to it.

Any reader lost interest
Finding the link yourself at the bottom of every na.leagueoflegends.com/whatever page is too difficult, I presume?

RiotNinjaTabby

Web Developer

10-25-2012
5 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP10 ELO View Post

Any reader lost interest

Here you go: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/

NotAnAmbiTurner

10-25-2012

I would really like some examples of borderline cases. When I am reviewing a case, I sometimes find it hard to tell if I should punish. For example, if someone has one outburst but was provoked by someone far worse. What if they swear once, but for emphasis as opposed to AT someone?

It would also be really nice to have a graph of the kills/deaths as the game progressed. That way I could tie the chat to actual in-game events at certain times.

Finally, I think it would be cool if during a game, players could call a report based on a certain time in the chat transcript. eg. report for intentional feeding @ 21:45, enemy team agrees that it happened in chat, case closed.

ShadowPraxis

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
What's acceptable is not being a dick. It's honestly difficult to get punished by the Tribunal; I've played over 1800 games, and know at least 50 people that have played amounts similar to me and none of us have even been warned by the Tribunal. Either say things that're constructive or just don't speak, it's so simple...
Exact same situation here. None of the people I play with have ever been suspended or warned, save for one friend of theirs who I don't like and choose not to play with. His account has been punished on more than one occasion. Guess what he does? He acts like a dick in All Chat, cops an attitude with players on his team he doesn't feel are good enough and trolls if things don't go his way.

The rest of us? We act like fairly well socialized humans and have never even received so much as a warning note. Shocking, no?

Rhydon My D

10-25-2012

does this mean people who have been banned in the past are now reset again?

EmilioGT

10-25-2012

muy interesante esos cambios!