Welcome to the Art and Audio Feedback Forum!

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-25-2012

Congratulations on the new forum! Looking forward to the opportunity to interact with you guys!

Bitsplosion

VFX Artist

10-25-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzzz View Post
Question to the VFX Artists: What degree / qualification did you get to follow that career path?
I got a very general 'Digital Media' AA degree. Photoshop, Illustrator, basic 3D/2D animation, that sort of thing -- but the degree isn't why I was hired. At Riot, at least, passion is paramount. If you're looking to break into the field, I'd recommend a strong demo reel that really showcases a good eye for motion, timing, and clever use of textures. It's critical to show passion for what you do. If you truly love the work and know how to push yourself to improve, the rest will follow!

Drummuh Dude

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
I posted before bitplosion!
Best. Riot name. EVAR! How have I not heard of you before?

Gòdlikè

10-25-2012

Posten, cause yeaa

A Bad Varus

10-25-2012

Question: Why does Varus run like a Baywatch star now?

Crownface

10-25-2012

Are you planning on standardizing the art style in League over time?

Because I really really dislike a lot of the new splash arts, especially Lux and Soraka, and one of the things that I liked about the game was the unique art style in every champion's splash art and ability icons, but it seems like that's slowly going away.

ploki122

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
.... >:|

Can't wait to here from all you non-Dudebro fans. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the VFX goodness! ...Or badness!
Gentleman Volibear? Where!

HunterHagen

10-25-2012

Here's to long life and prosperity!

A Mob of Midgets

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

VFX peoples! I really love the Silver bolts 3 shot "PA-TINK" and it makes me feel good to hear it. What have been your favorite sounds to create for league?

And it was K

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
I got a very general 'Digital Media' AA degree. Photoshop, Illustrator, basic 3D/2D animation, that sort of thing -- but the degree isn't why I was hired. At Riot, at least, passion is paramount. If you're looking to break into the field, I'd recommend a strong demo reel that really showcases a good eye for motion, timing, and clever use of textures. It's critical to show passion for what you do. If you truly love the work and know how to push yourself to improve, the rest will follow!
Does Riot hire based on elo?

123456 ... 10