System Requirements

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octopon

09-23-2010

I think that 1 gig of RAM isn't enough. That's what I have and the game is unplayable. It should probably be 2 gigs of RAM. I would just upgrade, but I'm on a Macbook, and that's not so easy to do.

KRiSP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

naww, it works bro, just gotta turn down the graphics a little bit

i have the same computer; except its 3 years old. so its all good, just turn down the graphics

k3ph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

You can try to look how much your OSX is actually using your RAM with:

'top' utility at terminal. http://support.apple.com/kb/TA20517?viewlocale=en_US
or
'activity monitor' utility. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1342?viewlocale=en_US

And try to close manually unnecessary processes...

There are several third party tools to manage that. I've read some magazines recommending
this link to start with: http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/performance.html

I would recommend to understand in depth how OSX uses memory, starting with: http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...10613140025184

I have a Macbook Pro Unibody and upgrading RAM on it is very easy, you just need a philips screw driver and patience to unscrew it slowly...

Cheers!

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-23-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopon View Post
I think that 1 gig of RAM isn't enough. That's what I have and the game is unplayable. It should probably be 2 gigs of RAM. I would just upgrade, but I'm on a Macbook, and that's not so easy to do.
Which MacBook are you using? If it has the GMA950 then upgrading your RAM won't really help, because that graphics card just isn't very good.

Octopon

09-23-2010

It's 3 years old. It has the GMA950 chipset. Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Octopon

09-23-2010

Ok. So, I've maximized my RAM performance, turned down the graphics, and I'm monitoring RAM usage during the game, and it's getting maxed out. I have all other non-essential processes turned off. I'm noticing that during the loading screen right before a match starts that my load time takes FOREVER, yet my ping is really low, around 21-25, so it's not my internet connection speed. I don't know if the graphics card is the real problem here.

Any other ideas?

Mutantknight

09-23-2010

Your card has 64mb of memory; that is below the estimated requirements for games from 1998-2001. Therefore it is safe to assume your graphics card is clogging your system down more than your ram ever could. Upgrading that ram may give you a somewhat noticeable upgrade in performance but it would pale in comparison to the (impossible) upgrade to your graphics.... sorry bud.

Octopon

09-23-2010

Well, I'm more of a console gamer than a PC gamer, but I saw this on a friend's PC, and really liked it, and thought it would work on my macbook. It's only three years old, but Macbooks that aren't brand spankin' new aren't really known for being powerhouses in the video department. I guess I'm screwed, then.