Lord Van Damm's Pillager

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lukiner

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxneko View Post
so wait wait wait, this may just be my noob showing, but skills like talon's w use spell vamp and not lifesteal? I always figured ad went with lifesteal and ap went with spellvamp...
lifesteal - auto attacks or skill like Ezr Q (that proc on-hit effects)

spell vamp - skill (it doesn't matter if they do AP or AD dmg and scale on those stats)

and yeah still hoping to get answer for my questions about Armor Penetration
Quote:
it gives 25 flat armor pen, it doesnt list it on the update page for some reason
oh ok nvm then

and if this item will be available on SR....?

Yuki Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
lvd's pillager is not an ad caster item. This isn't good for pantheon or talon. Pantheon and talon want more damage and more armor penetration.

Hp/cdr/sv are bruiser stats. It's good for darius and riven.
we'll just see about that phreak!

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

the item gives 25 arpen, read the second post

p.s. well, it's the weirdest named item atm but w/e, at least that guy's name wasn't something like creepy_naruto91

Quenton

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiner View Post
btw Phreak any chances for something new (ad caster items or buffs) in season3 that will make ad casters like Pantheon or Talon shine again?
^This

Bottle of Aleve

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekel View Post
riven actually is outshined in a lot of cases nowadays when u compare her to jayce, yorick, rengar, ect. most of which is getting nerfed so she might make some play again, but she isn't op by any means =\
Riven has:

A Q with a 2.1 bonus AD ratio(.7, but it hits 3 times), with the ability to sneak autoattacks in between hits and can also be used as a positioning tool.
A W with a 1.0 bonus AD ratio and an AOE stun. A very short stun, yes, but long enough to shut down channeled abilities.
An E with a 1.0 bonus AD ratio shield, which can ALSO be used as a positioning tool and is on like a 4 second cooldown when maxed and with a bit of CDR.
An ult which increases her AD by 20%, feeding all her other abilities to be more potent for 15 goddamned seconds.

I love her, but I can't say with a straight face she isn't OP.

Our buddy Darius has a drag, a move speed and attack speed slow(which is an "empowers next autoattack" type spell, and those benefit from lifesteal anyway), a strong DoT for a passive and that giant self-refreshing true damage nuke of an ult everyone loves.

Talon has....um....a blink that can only be used to move to an enemy, not away from one. His only real escape is to burn his ult to stealth and run away with enhanced movespeed, but it's not exactly the stealthiest of stealths because when his blades return to him they give away which way he went.

His damage isn't out of this world, he kind of has to build glass cannon. Low mobility, no sustain and get instagibbed. Whereas Riven can build straight damage and be tanky, and Darius has high enough base damages/ratios that he can get away with just building one or two damage items and the rest tanky and still be a terror.

It's kind of apples and oranges. /rant

DiscworldDeath

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
LVD's pillager is not an AD caster item. This isn't good for Pantheon or Talon. Pantheon and Talon want more damage and more armor penetration.

HP/CDR/SV are bruiser stats. It's good for Darius and Riven.
Riven is an AD Caster. She can still be a bruiser, but she's still an AD Caster.

Hm, didn't notice they removed the flat ArPen as well from its initial state.

RedPlanet

10-24-2012

I dunno, I don't think that item is all that enticing on Riven (if it were on SR anyway.) Too much of the item budget spent on health, which is suboptimal for her as a defensive stat.

I want damage/armor pen/resistances. She buys BT/GA for a reason.

Xanthus730

10-25-2012

Quote:
LVD's pillager is not an AD caster item. This isn't good for Pantheon or Talon. Pantheon and Talon want more damage and more armor penetration.

So, when they said they would be coming out with better itemization for AD casters in S3....is this not it, yet? Or is it just bad in your opinion?

YoshioPeePee

10-25-2012

Quote:

and renekton!

he is the only ad caster i care about tbh, screw panth and talon

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-25-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaoil View Post
Wait... are you telling me panth/khazix don't want to heal off their primary damage sources?
The confusion about AD caster vs. Bruiser is the same as the distinction between Veigar and Ryze.

Veigar is a burst caster, just like Pantheon and Talon. Ryze is more like Darius. Veigar doesn't want Spell Vamp. He wants to optimize his +damage as much as possible. The same is really true for Talon/Pantheon.

CDR and HP is about as useful for Pantheon/Talon as it is for Ashe. Sure, I kind of care that I get more Volleys, but what I really want is more Infinity Edge crits. Yeah, I kinda care that I have some more health, but what I really want is more damage.

Now, you can play Talon or Pantheon more bruiser-ish. A lot of Pantheons I see actually do this. They grab Brutalizer, take Bloodthirster, and then go Frozen Mallet and GA and stuff. That's fine, and if you go that route, then LVD is good for you.

12345678 ... 13