Need Syndra changes clarification..

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyliner

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Scatter the Weak
Dark Spheres that have nearly finished casting will now get knocked back once they arrive


Is this essentially saying that if you Q then E the sphere that's supposed to form from that Q, then you have a greater leeway to knock that sphere even before it fully appears?

Unleashed Power
Now also pulls in spheres cast just before the start of Unleashed Power


Same as before... greater time frame to use spheres that haven't yet full developed?

i.e.) You Q, and as fast as possible after you push Q, you R. Even though the R has yet to start, or hasn't finished... it will still use the sphere from the Q even though it hasn't full developed?


If this is the case for both scenarios then I commend you roit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-25-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Scatter the Weak
Dark Spheres that have nearly finished casting will now get knocked back once they arrive


Is this essentially saying that if you Q then E the sphere that's supposed to form from that Q, then you have a greater leeway to knock that sphere even before it fully appears?

Unleashed Power
Now also pulls in spheres cast just before the start of Unleashed Power


Same as before... greater time frame to use spheres that haven't yet full developed?

i.e.) You Q, and as fast as possible after you push Q, you R. Even though the R has yet to start, or hasn't finished... it will still use the sphere from the Q even though it hasn't full developed?


If this is the case for both scenarios then I commend you roit.
Short answer, yes and yes.

Long answer is that it is still possible to smart cast Q and the E and not have the sphere get knocked back but you'll have to do it fairly close to yourself for that to happen. In the case of the ult provided you've started the Q cast before firing the ult off it will definitely be included regardless of how far through appearing it is at time of ult cast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

I have a question as well.

When playing Synda I would Q right on the enemy then try to E and knock them back while also stunning them(a very nice combo in theory), but the ball will not stun despite being right on top of them. I'm pretty sure the patch notes says this will be fixed, but some clarification would be nice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anthralor

Member

10-25-2012

While we're asking about being able to push an almost fully formed sphere, will that make it so that the sphere damages where you cast it or wherever it get's shot out to?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-25-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayketh View Post
I have a question as well.

When playing Synda I would Q right on the enemy then try to E and knock them back while also stunning them(a very nice combo in theory), but the ball will not stun despite being right on top of them. I'm pretty sure the patch notes says this will be fixed, but some clarification would be nice.
The enemy will now indeed get stunned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-25-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthralor View Post
While we're asking about being able to push an almost fully formed sphere, will that make it so that the sphere damages where you cast it or wherever it get's shot out to?
The sphere will still appear at the cast location and then shoot forward if the tail end of the E wave is still passing over it (previously only the front of the wave would trigger that knockback).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

These are some very promising QoL buffs, and I'll be sure to dust her off my shelf tomorrow!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jordian

Senior Member

10-25-2012

was just in PBE and Nocturnes shield blocked all of Syndras Ultimate is this intended? Also what about Sivir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kishar21

Senior Member

10-25-2012

I have one more question; if I use q on an enemy, then ult before it appears; will it still do the q damage, or just add damage to the ult?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-25-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordian View Post
was just in PBE and Nocturnes shield blocked all of Syndras Ultimate is this intended? Also what about Sivir.
Spellshields should now only block one sphere (or occasionally two since spellshields have a minimum time they will be present). If you're definitely seeing it block everything let me know and I'll figure out what's going wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishar21 View Post
I have one more question; if I use q on an enemy, then ult before it appears; will it still do the q damage, or just add damage to the ult?
The Q will finish appearing, dealing its damage, and then get pulled into the ult after.


12345 ... 10