@Riot: Does it not bother you that the TT community hates the new map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Thank you for posting this, the people who are in favor of completely taking TT out are people that don't play it. The actual TT players just want it to stay in the game so they can be excited about the new map too. I hope Riot listens I really do, but the future of this game is looking bleak....

Lethal Loki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabalWins View Post
Thank you for posting this, the people who are in favor of completely taking TT out are people that don't play it. The actual TT players just want it to stay in the game so they can be excited about the new map too. I hope Riot listens I really do, but the future of this game is looking bleak....

I wouldnt mind it being kept to custom (its not that I dont miss elements of it), but for competitive plays sake I am all for the removal of old TT from normal/ranked games and molding the new one into something where all champions can play a role of importance and Ive played twisted treeline for a long time (well use to, havent had time for awhile to play very much with work constraints) Im friggin excited about this.

Sam

10-24-2012

Old TT = High Risk, High Reward. A lot people don't like that idk why.

New TT = Less Risk, Less Reward.

scazzaf

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Old TT = High Risk, High Reward. A lot people don't like that idk why.

New TT = Less Risk, Less Reward.
It's become casual, no one will take it serious.
Just like dominion.

Desocupado

10-24-2012

Well, true TT might be unbalanced/boring for High ELO, but it was really fun for my own ELO (1350 +-150)

Well, with Shadow Isles going live, let's see how people will react.
It's not like Riot lost the source code of true TT.

Taarki

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosepaa View Post
Think about this:
Out of 22,442 people that read the [[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.] thread, only 1,176 (may) have voted in favor of it.

Statistics are not your strong point, heh?
common sence is not your strong point i guess.
i can go vote once and then keep reading it to stay update and it will count as 50+ views... or some people might not care about 3v3 becuase they are only 5v5 players but just want to see what 3v3 people want about the new map.

PurpleURP

10-24-2012

Shadow isle is just a place where 5s players can come to mess around
I dont think they really ever intended to have TT be a competitive map
they just want more people to play it even if that means screwing the people that actually like it
what i mean ive just spent two years and more money than i wish to think about on this game only playing TT, **** me that im frustrated they are changing it

GhoSTmaNFu

10-24-2012

I've played TT alot more than SR just because I like the smaller skirmishes and I have to say, giving TT any love at all is so much better than not giving it any. I have not tried the new version of it but I am always for new technology, new gameplay. That is why LoL is better than Dota.

PurpleURP

10-24-2012

new is good,
but doesnt mean you have to throw away the old
thats the problem,
I'm all for the new map, just not instead of the old one

Lethal Loki

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
new is good,
but doesnt mean you have to throw away the old
thats the problem,
I'm all for the new map, just not instead of the old one
But in what sense? Keep the old TT and attempt to balance it (which cant really happen without involving some new elements that allow roles/skillsets balanced around 5v5 to have a place), just make it custom only? or are we talking about keeping it totally as is, and having a map available to play competitively that is innately balanced around a ratio of tankyness to damage output?

My vote is for customs and retaining the old elements for those who want them. Aram is balanced around poke and heal play, let old TT be, as it was... balanced around its own play (though even if retained and kept custom i'd like an update to the jungle similar to the new TT, just not in all the ways it was changed.)