@Riot: Does it not bother you that the TT community hates the new map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

10-24-2012

how do you rationalize going against what everyone who plays TT wants?
who do you think will play this map when you've forced the TT community to another game?
think about it

kosepaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Think about this:
Out of 22,442 people that read the [[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.] thread, only 1,176 (may) have voted in favor of it.

Statistics are not your strong point, heh?

PurpleURP

10-24-2012

that's 22,442 views not people, each is not necessarily a different person
but thanks for your input

kosepaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Any normal forum/boards software counts unique views, as it would be useless otherwise, and it seems that these forums do count unique visits. Might need some confirmation from one of the reds.

PurpleURP

10-24-2012

I wonder how many of those 22k people play TT regularly
also, doubtful we ever get a red post here, they hate TT havent you heard?

kosepaa

10-24-2012

You have a point. One thing I really enjoyed about the old TT, was that if I was queued with noobs, all I needed was to wait for lategame and carry their sorry asses. But now, new TT snowballz out of control way too fast.

First fights dictate the rest of the game. I hate not having second chances. :/

Lethal Loki

10-24-2012

I dont care how many downvotes I get for this, or how much you like the fact that the old map was unbalanced. The fact is riot is going to try to balance their content whether you like it or not, get over it... old TT was extremely dominated by just a handful of champions, I played it alot before people started playing ARAMs and I fell in love with that. Most people realize the reason why they like the old TT is that it was unbalanced and simply by picking the right champions you were unstoppable (this is the reason why many, including myself DIDNT like it) so they keep their fingers in check and dont make threads attempting to reject change. When people raged about innervating locket being removed, Shaco, Pantheon, and Eve were reworked from ridiculous champions into something more manageable for the enemy, and the nerf to global ulties... guess what? It didnt stop Riot from doing what needed to be done, balancing their game.

Leaving the map in competitive play will have drawbacks, unless it is replaced with the new twisted treeline you wont see it major competitions. As a result the map and its contents receive little to no attention, as well as the possibility of a champion being designed with a role suited to TT will be null. Put it in custom games, Aram has poke and heal... classic Twisted Treeline has Tanky/dps.

Syuske

10-24-2012

It's not that I completely dislike the new map. It's that I feel it's too different. The old map was basically a smaller version of summoners rift. There were problems that needed to be addressed like leading all minions into the spawn turret, it being impossible to jungle from start, etc. HOWEVER, this map doesn't just address those issues it changes the game entirely by making capture points. If they were just buffs that affected one player like red, blue (summoners rift only), white, and green; I'd be perfectly ok with the changes.But the addition of features from Dominion changes the face of the game entirely.

Edit: Please disregard the fact that this is a junior member. It's not my main account. Sorry, for being lazy.

PurpleURP

10-24-2012

old TT was dominated by about 6 champions
all of which could be banned in ranked

summoner somenot

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosepaa View Post
Think about this:
Out of 22,442 people that read the [[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.] thread, only 1,176 (may) have voted in favor of it.

Statistics are not your strong point, heh?

1.) 22,000 is not unique viewers

2.) it is still in beta, not everyone who viewed, has tested it. so really, just forget the views

3.) forget everything about that post, because it isn't asking whether they thought the map was good or bad. it's asking if it should be a new map, rather than replace the old.

4.) common sense isn't your strong suit is it?