Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Swaggamuffin

10-13-2012

I have the same bug it loads 100% then sits their doing nothing. RIOT please help.

UsmanAang124

10-13-2012

my internet keeps geting closed and never restart for like an haur and i get inactivity and if it resarts early my sister wannat to sit

Ponies

QA Analyst

10-24-2012
10 of 13 Riot Posts

Hey all,

I noticed a few of you guys were still getting stuck at the loading screen. Last post I saw on it was a week ago. We recently changed a few things on how some of the things are processed during the loading screen when loading into the game. Are you guys still witnessing this issue? If so, I'd love to see if it's something we can look into further. Thanks!

Xeneth

10-24-2012

I experienced this on 10/23 around 9:30 pm Pacific when trying to spectate a custom game that 10 friends were playing, but only that game for some reason. I was able to spectate someone else playing in a normal game just fine, but even a second attempt at loading the 5v5 custom ended in seemingly infinite loading (waited 5-7 minutes each time)

Zerahei

10-24-2012

Yes, Very very consistently experiencing this problem. Also occasional fails to join games I'm actually participating in. I have dual monitors and have been experiencing numerous problems for months now ever since "Windowed Full Screen" option was removed from the graphics settings. I'd pay you guys money just to get that stupid graphics option back again. = (

I often get a large black square appearing on my 2nd monitor as well when the game is starting. If I'm trying to spectate or join a game where I get the mysterious "infinite loading screen" bug I must always RESTART my entire computer in order to join the game. Closing LOL / Killing all the processes does not in fact fix anything. The entire machine must be restarted.

My graphics card is an nVidia chipset with mismatched dual monitors ( IE different resolutions & ratios ) one is 16:9 and the other is 4:3. Hope this helps. I'm using Windows 7 Professional and all drivers are up to date.

Edit : oh.. Borderless stopped failing completely and now seems to function like old Windowed Full Screen did. Will see if this graphics mode fixes my loading problems.

HaIfhearted

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponies View Post
Hey all,

I noticed a few of you guys were still getting stuck at the loading screen. Last post I saw on it was a week ago. We recently changed a few things on how some of the things are processed during the loading screen when loading into the game. Are you guys still witnessing this issue? If so, I'd love to see if it's something we can look into further. Thanks!
First of all, thanks for finally speaking up about the issue. Makes me feel better actually KNOWING someone at Riot is looking at it.

Anyways, as soon as I read this I went straight to the featured spectate bar, clicked on a game, and then went downstairs to eat my dinner (pork ribs OP ^_^)

About 10 minutes later after I was done eating, I came back upstairs, and it was still stuck at the loading screen with everyone at 100% loaded, so whatever you guys did still didn't fix the problem.

But thanks for looking into it. I hope you can figure out whats wrong soon.

gnfnrf

10-24-2012

Quote:
Hey all,

Indeed, this is still happening. I have been going back and forth with support about it, sending in log after log and trying fix after fix.

Kerfuffy

10-24-2012

Quote:
Hey all,

Yup, as everyone else is saying, it's still happening, though mine seems to be an on-off issue. Sometimes it'd load up after about a minute or less, other times, it permanently gets stuck at 100% (just like it is now). Today was the first time it actually got through the 100% loading screen bug during the week (I didn't do anything, it just loaded), but the second time I tried to spectate, the bug popped up again. :<

Thanks for looking into this, Riot.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

10-24-2012

Guys, are you using LoLReplay? Because for me this thing has only happened when I had it on with "Record while spectating" option turned on. Every time I get this problem, I either exit LoLReplay, or disable that option and load just fine.
Cannot provide info on the last time I experienced it, but I think haven't spectated games for more than a month now.

HaIfhearted

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Whatever View Post
speculation
Nope, I don't use LoLReplay.