Let Brand self-cast Conflagration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChippyTheCat

10-23-2012

Why would this be cool? It allows Brand to apply Blaze to multiple targets without having to first cast Sear on one of them. When clearing minions, the ideal spells rotation is Q>E>W to first set the mob ablaze so W can deal increased damage. Since Q is a skillshot it can be tricky to land on the exact minion you want to E. A self-cast E could let him apply Blaze to all minions in a mob before dealing increased W damage, reducing his total casts from 3 spells to 2.

This saves him a little mana and lets him hold onto his one survivability tool (Q stun) that is already a bit undependable. It makes sense thematically because Brand is already on fire. It opens up options for fighting multiple opponents at once. Brand is already pretty fun to use in a 1v2 gank because of his ult. This QoL buff would open up a few more options for using his combos creatively.

On the other hand, it wouldn't increase his maximum burst. It also would require him to extend further in lane which opens up enemy gank opportunities. The risks vs rewards seem pretty even.

bLues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

I have no idea what you're getting at.

Naterate

10-23-2012

That's actually pretty interesting.

Cuchulainn

10-23-2012

Setting yourself on fire? You're crazy!

.... Crazy like a fox.

Lombaxman014

10-23-2012

Thats hot.

Ginnungagapq

10-23-2012

I can dig it.

WeNeverBropen

10-23-2012

Brand stands at tower for 10 seconds with 50 health.

EXECUTED!

Brand has slain Brand.

ChippyTheCat

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNeverBropen View Post
Brand stands at tower for 10 seconds with 50 health.

EXECUTED!

Brand has slain Brand.
This reminds me that it may or may not be obvious that this would not apply the damage to Brand. In fact... if we wanted to get really crazy we could start talking about letting the Blaze damage ticks caused by a self-cast Conflagration convert into sustain for Brand but for now I'd rather ask for something smaller

Dont

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Why would you even q?
Generally W->E is enough for a minion wave.

Moash

10-23-2012

Ninjas can't catch you if you're on fire.