The new Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cretinok

10-23-2012

They are making TT more like Dominion.

Dominion is a piece of **** failure that the majority of LoL players avoid like the plague. Keep TT the way it is and introduce this new map as a stand alone option.

Vairety is good.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
They are making TT more like Dominion.

Dominion is a piece of **** failure that the majority of LoL players avoid like the plague. Keep TT the way it is and introduce this new map as a stand alone option.

Vairety is good.
Apart from the speed boost and the increased starting gold. Explain how the New Twisted Treeline is anything like Dominion in terms of strategy or gameplay?

Cretinok

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Apart from the speed boost and the increased starting gold. Explain how the New Twisted Treeline is anything like Dominion in terms of strategy or gameplay?
Lets see,

1. Capturing Alters to gain advantage.
2. Removing the top jungle will just encourage more battles in the centre, so rather than gaining advantage through better CS, victory will just be determined by who picks the better faceroll dueling champ.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
Lets see,

1. Capturing Alters to gain advantage.
2. Removing the top jungle will just encourage more battles in the centre, so rather than gaining advantage through better CS, victory will just be determined by who picks the better faceroll dueling champ.
1. There are no alters to capture in dominion apart from the Lightning Shield. And that gives one buff to one player. The alters in Twisted Treeline grant a +4 global buff to each minion slain.

2. New Twisted Treeline has a lot to do with farming. With the +4 per minion buff granted by the alters, the better you are at farming the more gold you will have, by far.

And out of curiosity, which face-roll dueling champs are you referring to?

Segers

10-23-2012

I have to agree with Cretinok, they should keep the original TT and make their edit a new map, that way both people get what they want. And should the majority of people like the new map, then TT will fade into dominion status, and if the majority of people don't like it then the new beta map will fade into dominion status. Both sides are happy.

Cretinok

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
1. There are no alters to capture in dominion apart from the Lightning Shield. And that gives one buff to one player. The alters in Twisted Treeline grant a +4 global buff to each minion slain.

2. New Twisted Treeline has a lot to do with farming. With the +4 per minion buff granted by the alters, the better you are at farming the more gold you will have, by far.

And out of curiosity, which face-roll dueling champs are you referring to?
Maybe faceroll wasnt the best choice of words as I dont consider them low skill OP champs. But there are champions who are clearly more suited to 1v1 duels than others.

Jax, Olaf and Darius come to mind. Not OP, but they are made to 1v1.

Elite523

10-23-2012

I like the new map layout but why remove Ebonmaw? His buff was like a good chance for the other team to make a comeback but the Vilemaw is definitely a good addition. Plus the Addition of Set Camps removes the wonder of what kind of creeps the next camp will have on respawn. I think there should be at least 1 camp that has a random spawn on either side and the rest are predetermined. Other than this it's pretty decent.

Goggris

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite523 View Post
I like the new map layout but why remove Ebonmaw? His buff was like a good chance for the other team to make a comeback but the Vilemaw is definitely a good addition. Plus the Addition of Set Camps removes the wonder of what kind of creeps the next camp will have on respawn. I think there should be at least 1 camp that has a random spawn on either side and the rest are predetermined. Other than this it's pretty decent.
Random spawns are inherently imbalanced by design. You are giving an advantage or disadvantage to one side through no decision making/strategy of their own. I had hours long discussions with E1C about this over skype a long time back but in the end I think he came around? E1C?

Eryn

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Random spawns are inherently imbalanced by design. You are giving an advantage or disadvantage to one side through no decision making/strategy of their own. I had hours long discussions with E1C about this over skype a long time back but in the end I think he came around? E1C?
Yea if 3v3 is ever going to see the competitive light, then random spawns made absolutely no sense.

Asterin

11-01-2012

I'm rather fond of the old Twisted Treeline, both the map design and the layout, even with it's problems.

That said, I've played the new Beta map and thought it was a lot of fun.

So... why replace one map with the other? LoL is already pretty short on maps and play modes. Just keep both, call the old one "Classic" Twisted Treeline and add the new version as well.