How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iudex Umbra

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The poll results are final, and the Shadow Isles skins will be Legacy. They will be in the store from the next patch until November 13. As with all Legacy skins, they may return to the store for special events in the future.

The timing of the next patch is unknown at this time. It is a large patch and is being worked on diligently day and night here at Riot.
Frankly, go visit the Shadow Isles, sir.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
The poll results are final, and the Shadow Isles skins will be Legacy. They will be in the store from the next patch until November 13. As with all Legacy skins, they may return to the store for special events in the future.

The timing of the next patch is unknown at this time. It is a large patch and is being worked on diligently day and night here at Riot.
****. This is so damn annoying.
Budgeted my RP for the 3 Harrowing skins, and could get the Isles ones at my leisure.

Now I figure out a way to get them all.

PJ FlyingFallus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
****. This is so damn annoying.
Budgeted my RP for the 3 Harrowing skins, and could get the Isles ones at my leisure.

Now I figure out a way to get them all.
you dont have to

XxWMxX

10-23-2012

Quote:

So does this mean after harrowing Elise will have no skin?

Snakeblade

10-23-2012

Im disappointed in the outcome but if a very small portion of the community feels it should be legacy and a slightly smaller one knows they arnt holiday related and are no different then the comando series, what can i do.

Frostywolf

10-23-2012

well im ****ed, ty community for being a bunch of greedy *******s, i wont have money for this month or next as i am going to be leaving for 2 years and wont have access to a computer or this game in any way so thanks guys for screwing me out of some awesome skins

RevengeBish

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0MMISSAR View Post
It's not the fact that they are Shadow Isle skins, it's the fact that they were initial planned and designed as Halloween skins and are more Halloween themed than the Harrowing skins (excluding Brand).

It's also a fact that it's a tradition that Riot games has with holiday skins, and it rewards long time players and creates a "cool" factor when newer players see skins like that in game.
But the matter of fact and logic here, in my opinion, is that they are based after a certain location, simply themed from them as the location itself is as spooky as any Halloween themed skin.

It does not directly theme from Halloween, but the Shadow Isle itself - hence the separate set of skins for the holidays, and one celebrating what the change to TT, and Elise's release. As such, I think it would make sense if they were made permanently purchasable to commemorate the release of the reworked map, Elise, and the new lore for a handful of champions.

If we're making them limited edition because of the fact that they are 'spooky-based' and hail from a haunted nation, then we might as well make the release for Elise a legacy purchase as she fits into that theme as well.

Anyway I plan to be purchasing the Hecarim skin myself, but that's my 2 cents on this particular topic.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-23-2012
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxWMxX View Post
So does this mean after harrowing Elise will have no skin?
Death Blossom Elise will be permanent, as Elise was not included on the list of affected skins in the original post.

itsKoit

10-23-2012

Huzzah!

Yasuchika

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostywolf View Post
well im ****ed, ty community for being a bunch of greedy *******s, i wont have money for this month or next as i am going to be leaving for 2 years and wont have access to a computer or this game in any way so thanks guys for screwing me out of some awesome skins
Okay uh, see you in 2 years then.