@Riot Players duo queueing with a substantial ELO difference HAS to stop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papa Tayder

10-23-2012

Lately I've been seeing this a bit more in ranked, most likely due to the completion of Season 2 and people wanting to carry their friends to Gold for the rewards. I'm not quite certain why this still exists, but a 1700 elo player queueing with a 1200 elo player is bringing them into roughly the 1500 elo range.

How is this acceptable? I'm sorry but you just can't bank on a 1700 elo player snowballing every single game, at least not hard enough to carry a 1200 elo player, whose mechanical skill is a decent bit lower than the 1500-1800 range. They're missing most of their last hits, unaware of when to trade, unaware of what's going on around them, and just overall not playing at the level they've been brought into.

This is not fair to the players who are being pulled down by this player. I've been through the 1200s as well as the 1700s, and I can say with certainty that the difference between a 1700 and 1500 elo player is very minimal, while the difference between a 1500 and 1200 elo player is pretty substantial.

TLDR Players are queueing with their friends who are at a much lower elo than them, and dragging them into an elo that they do not belong mechanically. This brings the entire team down, and unless the higher elo duo queue is in the 2k range, they will not have enough effect on the outcome of the game to outweigh the lack of mechanical skill and awareness of the 1200 elo player.

Outplay Nation

10-23-2012

make the 1200 dude support since it is a useless role and profit

Papa Tayder

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar23j2 View Post
Support isn't a useless role.

They maintain the flow of the lane phase at bottom lane, as well as gain map and objective control late game.

Most support champions have a pretty high skillcap in teamfights and have a very important role in ensuring their team stays alive and is able to accomplish their respective roles properly. I can assure you a bad support brings the team down just as much as a bad jungler, or AD carry or what have you.

The Camel Rider

10-23-2012

Support is a role that if played incorrectly will lose you the game. Hands down, this one role can destroy your game the hardest.

If the support doesnt ward, or feeds the enemy ad carry, you can kiss that game goodbye.

800eloPubtrash

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar23j2 View Post
Soraka*

Papa Tayder

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800eloPubtrash View Post
Soraka*
There is more to the role than just making HP and Mana bars go up. Again, a bad support is just as detrimental as any other role.

800eloPubtrash

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeHMetronomE View Post
There is more to the role than just making HP and Mana bars go up. Again, a bad support is just as detrimental as any other role.
I didn't say support, although it's the easiest role, I said soraka. Who cares if it's a 1200 if they know to just be passive as ****, spam heal, and **** out wards.

Papa Tayder

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800eloPubtrash View Post
I didn't say support, although it's the easiest role, I said soraka. Who cares if it's a 1200 if they know to just be passive as ****, spam heal, and **** out wards.
Because still, there is more to this role than that. For one, IDK if you've seen *where* 1200 elo players place wards, but it's typically not effective. They typically don't ward objectives outside of their own lane, and they STILL are unaware of the potential their lane has. They could be playing passive when they should be playing aggressive, and vice versa. Just because it's a Soraka lane doesn't mean you sit back and do nothing but farm and heal. Soraka lanes are INCREDIBLE at trading, especially with AD carries such as Graves or Ezreal.

You can pretend that support is a dull, unimportant role all you want, but that's the kind of attitude that breeds terrible support players.

lbgsloan

10-23-2012

Frankly you shouldn't be able to duo in SOLOq ranked to begin with. The entire point of the mode is to test your ability to play with 4 randoms while the enemy team is the same. There are normals and customs for when you want to play with friends.

800eloPubtrash

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeHMetronomE View Post
For one, IDK if you've seen *where* 1200 elo players place wards
Their buddy just has to give them some instructions before the game starts. I've seen 400 elo players ward btw.