How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Neth

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Why are we still considering what this guy has to say?

I find much irony in this

xBetty Whitex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Calling something legacy and promising that they will be back eventually is not the same as them actually happening that way. I was excited that the Shadow Isles skins would be permanent. If legacy skins were actually going to reappear then can we get some sort of confirmation on when said legacy events will be happening?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-23-2012
9 of 11 Riot Posts

The poll results are final, and the Shadow Isles skins will be Legacy. They will be in the store from the next patch until November 13. As with all Legacy skins, they may return to the store for special events in the future.

The timing of the next patch is unknown at this time. It is a large patch and is being worked on diligently day and night here at Riot.

SummonerMan Matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The poll results are final, and the Shadow Isles skins will be Legacy. They will be in the store from the next patch until November 13. As with all Legacy skins, they may return to the store for special events in the future.

The timing of the next patch is unknown at this time. It is a large patch and is being worked on diligently day and night here at Riot.
i really really want that patch.........
I don't really wanna play until it comes out ><

I will anyway

Phykos

10-23-2012

Quote:

I accept this, but I wish you guys would consider the mean spirited nature that underlies legacy or limited edition items in a virtual world. It's artificial scarcity, which means people are choosing to deprive others of skins. Next time make the decision yourselves please, this poll really made me hate some of the community.

But it's fair. The people decided, so I can't say you guys didn't try.

Free Gray Screen

10-23-2012

Quote:

I'll be home from work at 3am throwing my wallet at the screen.

RevengeBish

10-23-2012

I don't think it makes sense as it's not a part of any event to make them legacy, but I suppose people want to deprive others of the skins so they feel special. I planned to buy the Hecarim skin anyway, so I don't really mind as much, but am a little disappointed.

It's also beneficial to you guys because it causes impromptu purchases as well.

Gravelord Nito

10-23-2012

well, look like my checking account is about to get a lot lighter

I'm not complaining, though.

Glad you rethought the initial decision, Riot. Thanks you.

Gravelord Nito

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeBish View Post
I don't think it makes sense as it's not a part of any event to make them legacy, but I suppose people want to deprive others of the skins so they feel special. I planned to buy the Hecarim skin anyway, so I don't really mind as much, but am a little disappointed.

It's also beneficial to you guys because it causes impromptu purchases as well.

It's not the fact that they are Shadow Isle skins, it's the fact that they were initial planned and designed as Halloween skins and are more Halloween themed than the Harrowing skins (excluding Brand).

It's also a fact that it's a tradition that Riot games has with holiday skins, and it rewards long time players and creates a "cool" factor when newer players see skins like that in game.

Slashiroth

10-23-2012

Patch by this week if possible would be amazing! Haloween is on Sunday I think