Countless Yi Bugs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nemofourteen

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
Dude needs a remake, he just sucks. One of the crappiest champs in the league and a hallmark of unskilled players (at lower and mid ELO)

Only problem is, with so many new champs coming in that could be whatever you'd remake Yi into, plus all of the players who want Yi to still be Yi, you gotta be careful with the remake to still have him fill the same sort of role and stay similar to his old self. Personally, I'd rather see his alpha strike become a skillshot dash/dash back. But then I imagine most Yi players would call that heresy.
by what measure does master yi suck?

FailFlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Oh come on. I main jungle ad yi. He is awesome - fast jungler, good ganker (level 2,Q + passive ). The only thing that hurts me is that when u use Q on enemy, your champion is untargedable, but it receive dmg when u hit Aoe on the place where he wil lapear soon (for example for brand when he see yi q to him, he can use w and q in the place where yi shoudl apear in a second, and when he appears, he is stunned already.

The second thing is that, 3 seconds-long q is the thing i love mostly in master yi (it last long when u use it from long range). I can use q when my enemy is going to flash away over wall... and my champion follow him during q and appears already after flash. I love it. Mastering the art of q is thing i love on master yi, so riot please, don't break that. BETTER NERF RENGAR

SnowFall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
Hey all,

I agree that Yi has some frustrating issues. I think I've identified the "alpha strike cooldown not displaying" bug and should have a fix for that by the patch after this.

Alpha strike as a whole could stand to be re-scripted given all we've learned over the years since his implementation. That should fix a lot of the targeting/hang time issues as well. Unfortunately, that will probably take at least a month to get out the door.
Thank you.
By the way, is it possible to make Yi start casting W immediately(without cast delay)? I see no big balance disruptions with this one and I believe this could benefit most of yi players.

Baxe

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
Hey all,

I agree that Yi has some frustrating issues. I think I've identified the "alpha strike cooldown not displaying" bug and should have a fix for that by the patch after this.

Alpha strike as a whole could stand to be re-scripted given all we've learned over the years since his implementation. That should fix a lot of the targeting/hang time issues as well. Unfortunately, that will probably take at least a month to get out the door.
You guys should re-spec some of yi's spells (rather buff em or fix them), and i will guess thats your intention following hes art remake, am I right?

Baxe

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowFall View Post
Thank you.
By the way, is it possible to make Yi start casting W immediately(without cast delay)? I see no big balance disruptions with this one and I believe this could benefit most of yi players.

I think that is part of the fun with master yi, casting hes w when the enmy less expecct it, leading to be used as bite or surviving some focus from him.

SnowFall

11-13-2012

Sadly, in the recent patch there aren't any yi bug fixes

datacart

11-13-2012

The bugs on Yi do really need to be dealt with.

The CD issue would definitely make him less annoying to play, but the other bugs on alpha strike are just too bad right now.

Publius101

11-14-2012

Bump because this STILL hasn't changed.

SnowFall

11-19-2012

bump

SnowFall

11-24-2012

bump