How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andrius

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Looks like half of maokai's skins will be unavailable to the general populace...
At least he HAS skins, unlike say Udyr/Trundle/Rumble/Skarner...

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Looks like half of maokai's skins will be unavailable to the general populace...
and everyone except Blitzcrank cried for him.

Neumann

10-22-2012

I wish we could pick which skins individually should go where. Brand, Fiora, Ryze, and Hecarim's skins should go into the holiday theme, but Moakai and TF's should remain in the store.

Obama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Zolomon View Post
Lying out your ass is not going to fool me.
And if he is not lying?
The skins will be legacy, end of story. The guys who wanted it to be perma lost.

Duarack5

10-22-2012

You know why Championship Riven is so cool?
Because soon it'll be gone from the store. 6 months from now, we'll have the satisfaction of knowing that we were present for the end of season two and got something special out of it.

Same goes for this event. People who were present last Halloween get the satisfaction of having the awesome Haunting Nocturne or Bewitching Nidalee. Why not give us similar satisfaction with Hecarim or Maokai this year?

A Frosted Wolf

10-22-2012

I hope it;s limited otherwise id be a bit mad that i rushed to buy the Rp now, when i could have bought it at another time.

Hunter Zolomon

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsRpeopleTOO View Post
dip**** i could care less if u believe me or not, deal with stupid know it all a**holes like you on a daily basis, troll someone else
This just confirms your insecurity. If you were as successful as you say you are, then you would be completely nonplussed by this. I bet that your company (assuming that it even does exist) is one of those that purposely half-asses jobs just so that they can get called back to redo it and bill someone again.

Mirza Says

10-22-2012

Respect for posting a revote in light of realizing how confusing your last poll was.

Altonious

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallic View Post
If Headless Hecarim, Underworld Twisted Fate and Haunted Maokai are to be made limited edition skins, well...that's just stupid. I can think of any number of VERY similar skins that came out at some point other than during Halloween, and we don't see THOSE being called upon to be made limited edition. Take, for example, Dark Crystal Ryze! Or Infernal Alistar. Or pretty much any of Cho'gath's skins. Soul Reaver Draven definitely fits into that, too. And Rageborn Mundo? A scary sight to behold. Ohhh, yes, let's not forget Gatekeep Galio, although that one's a legendary. Oh, yes, and launch skins for Zyra, Hecarim, Rengar, Kha'zix...see a pattern?

These skins are being purported as Harrowing skins simply because they're thematically similar to the Shadow Isles, which happens to be thematically similar to Halloween. Not because they absolutely look like they're Harrowing skins.

But if many of y'all took a moment to think, these skins do NOT fit the Harrowing theme. Here's the list of Harrowing skins so far:

2010 Harrowing
- Lollipoppy
- Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks
- Nosferatu Vladimir
- Mundo Mundo
- Kitty Cat Katarina
- Zombie Ryze

2011 Harrowing
- Bewitching Nidalee
- FrankenTibbers Annie
- Definitely Not Blitzcrank
- Haunting Nocturne

Now, with the exception of perhaps Zombie Ryze, there's one thing these all have in common: they're costumes, outfits the champions can put on to appear as something they're not. Zombie Ryze requires perhaps an extensive make-up job, but other than that, he too matches that description. All these skins are outfits that the champions themselves can decide to put on without changing core parts of themselves, other than their overall look. Kitty Cat Katarina doesn't match Kat's character much, as far as skins go, but it's just an outfit on Halloween; how many ladies dress up in outfits this time of year that they'd NEVER wear any other time of the year? And Nocturne! Agh! That's totally just a bedsheet thrown over him! These are all outfits the champions put on to make them look not like themselves. Except Fiddle, he just got lazy and put a pumpkin on his head. But they're all there for the sake of fun dress-up times that can only be had at Halloween...or, the Harrowing.

Underworld Twisted Fate, though? I'm fairly certain he doesn't naturally have an otherworldly, ghostly curse on his left arm, glowing with the flames of death. Headless Hecarim? He doesn't normally use a whole lot of yellowy-red fire. And for Haunted Maokai...I'm fairly certain he can't simply choose to become another type of tree at will. What these skins DO show, however, is the nature of the Shadow Isles twisting these champions into something they weren't before...except maybe Hecarim, because he's a Shadow Isles champion; so perhaps it's more like him letting the Shadow Isles pick a new look for him.

But these aren't conceivably "Halloween" skins! Zombie Ryze just has to wash off and change clothes to look like normal Ryze again. Haunting Nocturne just has to shed his bedsheet to be Nocturne again. Definitely Not Blitzcrank has to...er, strip down completely to be himself again. Mundo Mundo has to...stop thinking he's some sort of superhero or gym star, and go back to being Mundo. Kitty Cat Katarina? Well, I'd say she's embarrassed enough from wearing a skimpy cat outfit that she'll feel a sense of relief when she puts on her regular skimpy outfit again.
i agree with this post

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-22-2012
8 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcolyte View Post
Hippalus! do you know if the sale for Hecarim/Karthus/Maokai will be available till tonight, or Tuesday, the post says till the 22nd, but the store says Tuesday the 22nd... When Tuesday is the 23rd?!

I must know to make my purchases wisely!

Tuesday or Monday does it end kind sir!
Looks like that was a typo. I will make sure the champion and skin sale prices last through Tuesday the 23rd.