How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-22-2012
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omiata View Post
Just voted Limited. Sadly had to throw all future players under the bus because I don't wish to pay almost 6k RP for 3 skins.... Sorry Newbs.
The price of the skins will not be impacted by the result of this vote. The only price impact is that historically Legacy skins have never been put on sale.

Best Sona Mid NA

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omiata View Post
Just voted Limited. Sadly had to throw all future players under the bus because I don't wish to pay almost 6k RP for 3 skins.... Sorry Newbs.
That is horrible logic.

Leboniz

10-22-2012

As skins associated with one of the areas of Rune Terra as opposed to a holiday I think they should be permanent. The harrowing skins are costumes, like they have been in the past, while the Shadow Isle skins are meant to be from a creepy section of Rune Terra. The Crimson Elite skins, based out of Noxus, are permanent skins and thus we already have a precedent that should be followed.

Verthy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Hippalus, any word on 2011 harrowing skins coming back on sale this year or they locked away in the vault. Would love to know.

itsKoit

10-22-2012

Just as before, I'm voting legacy. I can only hope that the rest of the community does what is right here. It's in your hands now.

Bekkal

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzleStix View Post
I'm at a loss how anyone can say any skin tied to the Headless Horseman legend is NOT Halloween-ish in nature.

The legend of sleepy hollow, which is directly about the headless horseman is a Halloween staple. Its shown on TV at Halloween, its broadcast on satellite radio on Halloween, it was released on ebook on Halloween yrs ago....I think you get my point.

Ask anyone you know "What does the Headless Horseman" make you think of...if 90% dont say Halloween I'll be surprised.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg..._Sleepy_Hollow

Sleepy Hollow does not intrinsically have anything to do with Halloween. You not knowing this doesn't suddenly make it untrue.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-22-2012
6 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoE434 View Post
Hippalus, any word on 2011 harrowing skins coming back on sale this year or they locked away in the vault. Would love to know.
The 2011 Harrowing skins were sold as Limited Edition and thus are ineligible to come back into the store. We have been working on a possible trading system for Limited Edition skins but there are many hurdles and it is unlikely to be available any time soon.

Omiata

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The price of the skins will not be impacted by the result of this vote. The only price impact is that historically Legacy skins have never been pouut on sale.
Sounds great! So can you confirm a price? Are they legacy pricing or traditional limited pricing?

AgitatedOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Oooh... now that we cut the harrowing stuff out of the question... I don't know if I can keep saying that these shouldn't be limited. Now that they are by themselves, it's back to 'they really fit', but it's also a case of 'if it wasn't meant to be limited then it shouldn't be changed to be limited'.

I can't vote but I'm looking forward to the results either way.

Masteq

10-22-2012

To be honest, the Shadow Isles skins could very well be considered Harrowing, given the theme. I mean come on: Haunted Maokai? Headless (Horseman) Hecarim? Arguably Halloween themed and should be considered to be included in the Legacy skins vault. If they were legacy, more people will consider buying them due to their limited availability and they will be able to get the Harrowing Summoner icons (Which are also for the event) along with these.