Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Should I be reporting people for requesting honor, or only those who propose a trade?

OtterOfLegend

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddymikey3 View Post
"Quality"? So if someone with a lot of honors, honors me is it worth more then someone with very little honors honoring me?
It's not that simple, but it has been announced that not all honor points are equal, and that, for example, honoring a player that was reported in the same game reduces the value of the honor you give in the future. Basically, spammers, traders and trolls give honor that is worth less than people who give it for exceptional behaviour.

YamadaADTRAPM6

10-21-2012

Here's a thought: compare stats on honor given out when the player's team wins versus honor given out when they lose. Honor isn't a good device to reward good play when people only give it out when they win.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-21-2012
64 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
Should I be reporting people for requesting honor, or only those who propose a trade?
Ideally, we only want to use reports for abuse or trading. For example, "I'll feed if you Honor me after the game," is reportable. "Give me Honor and I'll give you Honor" is reportable.

Mamading

10-21-2012

I'm going to be completely frank here. There is one MAJOR component about the honor system that has really started to bother me.

Every game, I tend to start off with a friendly phrase or question, like "How are you?" or the like, and have done this since before the honor system was put in place. However, recently, I'm noticing some more negative attitudes to these actions, and have been accused on several occasions of being an "honor w***e", or something similar.

I don't play to get honor, nor do I expect it (I'm thankful when I get it, though), but when openly challenged about my kind and friendly disposition, it makes the whole game seem a bit more sour than before. This may just be me, but I just thought I'd share this with you.

For a suggestion as a reward, though, you may want to try doing something like you do for ELO rankings. For example, if you get honor that is valued as a full point of honor, and accumulate a large amount (preferably multiples of 25), you get something along the lines of a summoner icon or a border around your champion picture. I like the ribbon idea and enjoy seeing players with it (and am pleasantly surprised to find that there is a REASON they have the ribbons), and I think you can go farther with that same basic concept.

Eragon7427

10-21-2012

I hope we get new honor stats in a few weeks, after the novelty has worn off. I'd be interested to see if this is the new normal, or if people will revert to being negative.

xKingCrayx

10-21-2012

how about, give me blue buff and ill honor u, wuld u ban for that

Primanocte

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
Technically you should. Yet one more way for other players to annoy us. Thanks Riot.

Ephringael

10-21-2012

I like being able to give a player on the enemy team something that will stick in they're profile, saying "Hey, you fought well."

It's also great to be able to add to that awesome feeling when two of your teammates realize enemy is at baron, manage to steal it and do enough damage for you to get there and mop up, winning you the game.

Honor... just... yes. So much yes.

Don't even get me started about the difference in the community. I actually enjoy playing like I used to.

Elanorien

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamading View Post
I'm going to be completely frank here. There is one MAJOR component about the honor system that has really started to bother me.

Every game, I tend to start off with a friendly phrase or question, like "How are you?" or the like, and have done this since before the honor system was put in place. However, recently, I'm noticing some more negative attitudes to these actions, and have been accused on several occasions of being an "honor w***e", or something similar.

I don't play to get honor, nor do I expect it (I'm thankful when I get it, though), but when openly challenged about my kind and friendly disposition, it makes the whole game seem a bit more sour than before. This may just be me, but I just thought I'd share this with you.

For a suggestion as a reward, though, you may want to try doing something like you do for ELO rankings. For example, if you get honor that is valued as a full point of honor, and accumulate a large amount (preferably multiples of 25), you get something along the lines of a summoner icon or a border around your champion picture. I like the ribbon idea and enjoy seeing players with it (and am pleasantly surprised to find that there is a REASON they have the ribbons), and I think you can go farther with that same basic concept.
It's not just you. I would say I've only had people react negatively to my honor like 4-5 times tops, and I play a lot, so that's not a terrible number...but that doesn't make it any better when it happens. More often than not I just get questions as to how much honor I needed to get my badge, and sometimes positive reactions, happy to have a teammate honored for good Teamwork and an Honorable Opponent. But a few have just been down right nasty.

I always begin champ selecting by saying Hello with a smiley face, followed by my preferred role but adding that I'm flexible and will do my best to fill in wherevs, and I always have, even before honor. The other day a guy responded with "I'm not giving you honor", and "stop kissing ass". Others on my team defended me though, lol. And then at the start of the game, in /all I gave the usuall hello, and gl hf with a smiley, and he replies in /all with "look at this Diana begging for honor". Thankfully his bad attitude carried through the game so I just reported him for negativity at the end, lol. Er, well, not thankfully, lol, but it gave me the opportunity to justifiably report him

It sucks, but in my experience the good/neutral reactions outnumber the bad, and those that troll you for it are likely the kind of people who are regularly reported and I imagine the Tribunal will sort them out in due time. So don't sweat it, just keep being cool and doing what you do, the jerks aren't worth stressing over ^_^.