How long should the Shadow Isles and Harrowing skins be in the Store?

All six of the skins should be in the store for the holiday only (legacy skins) 4,253 41.79%
All six of the skins should be permanently in the store 1,805 17.73%
Shadow Isles should be legacy, and Harrowing should be permanent 560 5.50%
Shadow Isles should be permanent, and Harrowing should be legacy 3,560 34.98%
Voters: 10178. You may not vote on this poll

Harrowing / Shadow Isles Skin Poll

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ra Horakhty

10-20-2012

I'll buy the skin regardless, but I'm honestly completely lost as to why Headless Heca is considered a Shadow Isles skin.

Sleepy Hollow, the Headless horseman, and all those sort of fairytales are the things that make up Halloween. When I think of the headless horseman, I think of Halloween. Not the Shadow Isles.

XVIII The Moon

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grucio View Post
There are to many things wrong with this; 3 options with permanent in it while all legacy just has 1 so that isn't fair already, Hippalus "ended" the poll and decided what it was going to be in 40 minutes, I understand that he might had to do it fast but the patch is like 5 days away from now on, he didn't even take the time to ask the other servers and the skins are listed wrong imo, Haunted Maokai, Underworld Twisted Fate and Headless Hecarim are more Harrowing skins than Teacher Fiora and Pirate Ryze.

Again, 3 options have legacy in them, 3 options have permanent in them, 1 option is pure legacy, 1 option is pure permanent. The options are BALANCED.

CaptainCupcake

10-20-2012

All legacy

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-20-2012
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
46% is actually quite a high #...4% from 50%.
Would you really want to disappoint 46% of your players that voted?

I mean, lets just say everybody voted. 46% wanted them all permanent. While 54% wanted only Harrowing to be.
46% is a huge number to upset, wouldn't it just be the best to make all of them permanent? I'm no sales person though, but just from my viewpoint, 46% feels too high to want to disappoint. [U]That is nearly half. plus, the poll wasn't even up long...I would bet that number would have continue to raise. Because, as you said it was 44% then slowly became 46%, it was on the raise.
There was no possible decision that would have disappointed less than 46%. Making them all legacy would have been the next best choice with 54% disappointed.

XVIII The Moon

10-20-2012

Quote:
Would you really want to disappoint 46% of your players that voted?

I mean, lets just say everybody voted. 46% wanted them all permanent. While 54% wanted only Harrowing to be.
46% is a huge number to upset, wouldn't it just be the best to make all of them permanent? I'm no sales person though, but just from my viewpoint, 46% feels too high to want to disappoint. That is nearly half. plus, the poll wasn't even up long...I would bet that number would have continue to raise. Because, as you said it was 44% then slowly became 46%, it was on the raise.

Also, I'm sorry but "'I'm sure they had logic for which skins went into Shadow Isles and Harrowing - I just don't know what it was."
There was no logic : /
Pumpkin head on a headless horsemen theme, That screams Halloween. Pirate skin (which we have like 5 pirate skins already) does not. There is no logic saying Hecarim isn't a Harrowing skin compared to a Pirate.
TF, has nothing to do with the Shadow Isles, yet he was given a skin that gives him a Halloweenish feel. Ghost cards, deathly spooky feel to him. As well as Mao, he has nothign to do with the Shadow Isles. Yet his skin is considered one when it has tombstones and a skeleton arm. All Halloween theme.
So exactly what is a Shadow Isle theme? A serious version of Halloween?
Do you really want to displease 54% of your population for the 46%?

CaptainCupcake

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
Again, 3 options have legacy in them, 3 options have permanent in them, 1 option is pure legacy, 1 option is pure permanent. The options are BALANCED.
That's the definition of unbalanced.....

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
Um.... sorry to interrupt you, but you're actually pretty wrong. Hec is the only one- Twisted Fate and Maokai have nothing to do with the Shadow Isles- and neither do their skins.

I would bet you that the skins were made for Halloween, and some last minute idiotic decision changed it.
I'll give you Twisted Fate, but both Hecarim and Maokai are from there. Hecarim got his powers there, and Maokai...well, he was a tree on the Shadow Isles before he up and left.

As for Twisted Fate, my guess is because of the Shadow Isles being essentially the Underworld of Valoran, his "Underworld" skin would make him feel right at home there. The others are just kind of obvious Halloween costumes.

XVIII The Moon

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTree View Post
What.....?

I actually I agree with him on this subject...

wut?

Maokia is from the twisted tree-line and TF is a gypsy.

UberTacticool

10-20-2012

Quote:
Would you really want to disappoint 44% of your players that voted?

I mean, lets just say everybody voted. 44% wanted them all permanent. While 56% wanted only Harrowing to be.
46% is a huge number to upset, wouldn't it just be the best to make all of them permanent? I'm no sales person though, but just from my viewpoint, 46% is a huge number to upset. That is nearly half. plus, the poll wasn't even up long...I would bet that number would have continue to raise. Because, as you said it was 44% then slowly became 46%, it was on the raise.

Also, I'm sorry but "'I'm sure they had logic for which skins went into Shadow Isles and Harrowing - I just don't know what it was."
There was no logic : /
Pumpkin head on a headless horsemen theme, That screams Halloween. Pirate skin (which we have like 5 pirate skins already) does not.
their logic is simple, evil, but simple. fiora and ryze bot have substantially sub par skins and zombie brand will be legendary priced. if ryze and fioras skins where permanent they would see a lot less money coming in from those skin purchases because of the lack of work that was put into them. if they are limited than more people will buy them just because of the limited title regardless of how they look. zombie brand will bring in more money being limited because most legendary skins dont sell quite as well as normal skins but being that its legendary they will see a lot of profit from impulse buyers.

on the other hand, the other 3 skins are well done and will be sure to attract sales regardless of limited status or permanent status.

their plan is essentially disregard popular opinion/tradition, obtain more money.

i miss when riot wasn't like this...

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra Horakhty View Post
I'll buy the skin regardless, but I'm honestly completely lost as to why Headless Heca is considered a Shadow Isles skin.

Sleepy Hollow, the Headless horseman, and all those sort of fairytales are the things that make up Halloween. When I think of the headless horseman, I think of Halloween. Not the Shadow Isles.
Because Hecarim is from there.