Bots, show some skin.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

10-01-2012

I like the idea a lot, even though I can understand Riot having a 'pay to see the cards' mentality. I would agree that skinned bots should appear in fewer than 1 of 3 games, and that no more than one bot should be skinned in such games.

Viperious

10-02-2012

I agree, I think this is a great marketing tool that Riot should pick up. If they can make bots out of all the champs this would be amazing. Only have the bots use skins currently in the market with priority to Limited Time Only skins.

Invariel

10-05-2012

I like the idea of prioritizing the limited time only skins, Viperious, and wonder how difficult it would be, (trivial if the skins are already suchly classified,) should Riot Games implement something like this, to prioritize LTO skins, then skins currently on sale, then available skins, then skins no longer available, with diminishing frequencies.

So, if you ended up in a bot game and one bot was wearing a skin, say 75% of the time, it would be an LTO skin, 15% of the time, one that is on sale, 5% one that is available, 0.01% of the time, a skin that is no longer available for purchase, and the remaining percentages are a fail and the bot doesn't get skinned.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

10-05-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

The technology/feature of bots having skins has already been built, and it is currently on PBE for a month long testing.
Hopefully soon we will release to live environment so all of you could enjoy it.

Invariel

10-05-2012

I am very looking forward to this. Thank you for the update, Kiddington.

(Will they be common sights?)

YoshioPeePee

10-05-2012

after they get skins all we'll need is for them to trash talk each other in /all and it'll be just like a real pvp pubstomp!

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

10-18-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

bots with skins are now available on NA