Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AppleDough

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yeah I know it's somewhat confusing - I'll try again. There are two ways to earn these icons.

#1) By buying RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you spend it. The total amount of RP bought determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed DURING the Shadow Isles promotion.

#2) By spending RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you bought it. The total amount of RP spent determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed AFTER the Shadow Isles promotion (and only if you haven't already been given the icon).
So you can either buy or spend.

Riot, whoever, everyone, give this everything a promotion.

Męw

10-18-2012

Quote:
Yeah I know it's somewhat confusing - I'll try again. There are two ways to earn these icons.

#1) By buying RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you spend it. The total amount of RP bought determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed DURING the Shadow Isles promotion.

#2) By spending RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you bought it. The total amount of RP spent determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed AFTER the Shadow Isles promotion (and only if you haven't already been given the icon).
This is much better. Thank you very much for talking to us about the ward and icon updates. Though they both kind of annoy me, it is nice you are listening and talking with the community about everything. Love that about Riot.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
12 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
Where can we see if we qualify

I bought roughly 7-8k worth not too long ago, but when I go to RP history tab in the LoL store, it shows nothing there, and it shows no option to scroll...

So, my answer is where can I see how long ago I bought the RP and if it qualifies for the extended rewards. Thanks,
That sounds like a good question for Player Support. Or you can wait until next week and see which icons show up in your account.

Hexenir

10-18-2012

Wait, wait. Here's what in the main site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Site
we’ll be offering some sinister new summoner icons when you purchase RP.
You said Skoro was right when he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoro View Post
Basically, spending any RP will earn you tier 1.
Spending 1000 RP will earn you tier 2.
Spending 2500 RP will earn you tier 3.
Spending 5000 RP will earn you tier 4.
Spending 10000 RP will earn you tier 5.
Correct?
So, will I be able to obtain the icons if I *buy* RP or if I make *purchases* with the RP?

In other words, unused RP in my account will or will not count towards the icons giveaway?

Sorry, I don't know if it's a relevant question, I just want to avoid misunderstandings.

EDIT:

You answered while I was typing, my bad.

BigM0mma

10-18-2012

Hippalus is my hero I will name my firstborn after him.

Bonus Chromosome

10-18-2012

if i won 25$ of rp from a torny does that count?

PickleChutney

10-18-2012

I've spent something like $1,500 on this game. Such a slap in the face.

Guess it's delusional to think anything other than you guys are just after the next dollar though, right? : )

Minjo Master

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I like this new setup a lot more.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Still evaluating the feedback on ward skins and figuring out what is possible at this stage. I will address that in the other thread(s) when I have something to share.
Well here's some feedback for you- I main support and love the ward skins, but I won't even spend IP on them if they're not permanent. Or, at the absolute least, a "limited time" seasonal thing. IE- I spend my IP or RP on the ward skin and then, through harrowing and ALL FUTURE HARROWINGS I get to use the skin. Same for Christmass wards I'm sure you're working on and whatever else. They will still need to be cheap to make this worth it.

Just to be clear, I will absolutely not spend money- real or fake- on these so long as they are temporary. I'm not renting **** from you. I also see it as a disgusting money-grab and I'm really disappointed, considering how I'd hoped you'd change that 'image' RIot seems to have made for itself in the past year.

November Terra

10-18-2012

Quote:
That sounds like a good question for Player Support. Or you can wait until next week and see which icons show up in your account.
You're quickly becoming one of my favorite Rioters, Hippalus. Theres only one thing holding you back... temporary ward skins. Make them permanent somehow and you are OFFICIALLY the best Rioter ever. Next to Nerf Master Suck Town. Sorry but he gets #1 or he'll nerf my favorite champions.