The DFG nerf was too harsh.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sguerra123

10-18-2012

where can i see this upcoming nerfs?

KittenBurglar

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think that item's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use DFG on all burst casters,
There is already very little diversity in item builds. I don't see your point with this.

Crownface

10-18-2012

Quote:
Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove it from the game.

I think that item's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use DFG on all burst casters, and all balance needs to factor in an extra nuke. There's no case where DFG is good and DFG isn't abusive - that basically is the definition of toxic.
Doesn't the extremely small item pool in League already destroy diversity and interest?

Didn't Xypherous say that one of his top goals was to increase item diversification in the game?

I don't quite see how DFG is abusive or toxic in any way, what makes you say that exactly?

IS1a420802574b139f7409f

10-18-2012

Quote:
Well, to be unpopular, they dialed down my suggestion. I wanted to remove it from the game.

I think that item's existence destroys diversity and interest - you should just use DFG on all burst casters, and all balance needs to factor in an extra nuke. There's no case where DFG is good and DFG isn't abusive - that basically is the definition of toxic.
So since you just removed DFG from the game effectively, you are buffing everyone that used it right? You are not just shafting them out of the game, right? You are not taking a mage class that is already underplayed and nerfing them incredibly hard right?

Oh... wait. That's exactly what you did.

How many of the Karthus/Anivia/Orianna used DFG? That's right. Zero. Eve wasn't even banned in the finals. You CANNOT argue that DFG users are the dominant class of mage, and yet you just took a bat to their knee caps.

Just so frustrating.

Muratta

10-18-2012

Quote:

This wouldn't be a terrible thing, but are we going to see more variety in CDR items come s3 to balance out the gap that's left from gutting DFG?

TacoBellAssassin

10-18-2012

Quote:

i actually really support removing it from the game. or increase the cooldown because people seem to just spam it even if they arent ready to go all in. and by the next teamfight its always ready, costing no mana of course

Morello

Lead Designer

10-18-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOf7Dragons View Post
well then remove it and buff burst mages ._.
Good idea, imo ;p

Bekkal

10-18-2012

Quote:

This is gonna sound trollish but I would absolutely love a dev blog of changes you wish you could make from just a gut level.

Crazylockdown

10-18-2012

Quote:

Why not make it do current health % but base that % amount on the opponent max health along with the AP of the item holder. That way there's an item mages can use to counter the tanky champs but can't abuse it against squishy champs.

What you did was lazy "balancing" that will make mages like Ahri and Veigar really weak now.

NadalKenlyl

10-18-2012

I'd be fine with removing DFG and rebalancing champions around its removal if they happened in the SAME patch or at the very least next one. Nerfing things hard and letting them flounder for months is where Riot has had the biggest amount of problems imo.