The Altars..

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

"Soon guys we're adding this NEW feature that when you have more Altars than your opponent it does damage to the nexus, 1 per second!

300 HP nexus!

Better get those Altars!"
-Riot

GRRgamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
"Soon guys we're adding this NEW feature that when you have more Altars than your opponent it does damage to the nexus, 1 per second!

300 HP nexus!

Better get those Altars!"
-Riot
lol. i really hope they see how little people enjoy the Altars and decide to change it.

Roman

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAg Maze View Post
THIS. THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. Why do I have to disregard everythign I was doing, to ensure my teammates don't die, and that I'm the ace, and that they just get both capture points. By that time, the new respawn timers are done and I'm already back at my turret. You can't push unless you kill close to their tower. There isn't enough time.

Get these stupid altars out of here. It literally killed the only game mode I still play this game for.
you sound incredibly frustrated. why don't you take the time to appreciate that riot actually fixed most of the flaws that prompted the remake anyway and appreciate that 3s is actually being paid attention to..

i agree that the altars are a ridiculous idea but you should start helping them out and suggesting new ideas that could potentially replace it

NecroGiant

10-18-2012

agreed get these things out of here.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

The twisted tree line turned into something that i dislike :/ most normal players think is an improvement, but from the players that religiously play 3's, this is a slap in the face. I completely agree with plenty of people on here, 3's are fun because its like SR but less people. i don't wanna play dominion or capture altars. the game honestly focuses more on the altars and less on pushing and winning. IMHO the games are actually longer now than they were before because you feel the need to just capture altars and almost not lane at all. It's more fun to me to play a game and have to try to get creeps instead of them being everywhere.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
why don't you take the time to appreciate that riot actually fixed most of the flaws that started the remake anyway and appreciate that 3s is actually being paid attention to.
Thank you for posting this to prove to everyone that you are not a 3s player. This statement is just proving that you shouldn't even be here or testing this because you have no clue what TT was like.

Even the ending
Quote:
appreciate that 3s is actually being paid attention to.
Is just so deuchy.

Anyways by even stating they "fixed" problems with this map you proved that you never played TT. TT was more of a 3v3 SR (DOTA) gametype.
There was a jungler and two solo laners. Or some ran 1 top 2 bot.Either way it was Macro based, but with a lot more micro on each person's behalf and possibly more teamwork and ingenuity than a 5s team because of how much more team reliant, counter reliant, and play reliant a 3v3 game is. 2 peopel melt to 3 people faster than 5 people, melt to 4 people. 3 people vs people is more likely to happen more often than 5 people vs 5 people. Hence the same team feel and map/farm feel, but more push oriented and gank oriented because of team size and map size.

This map has effectively wronged the old TT players by doing the following:
Halving the map's effective size and hence the jungle size.
They removed top jungle in the same process
What this does is effectively remove the transition game from being transitioned from bot jungle to top, and more dragon oriented control to bot control. But they also removed the amount of farm from the jungler as well as the purpose for controlling top buffs and jungle.
They added Altars to replace the top jungle buffs (y'know the old objectives), so now we have to capture mundane points by standing on them for a period of time and they give an OP buff (these will also encourage and push the Bruiser meta when coupled with the next issue) instead of the risk of fighting a buff that is timed in a particular NEUTRAL place and that we get those, and otherwise we push together. The game is very much about getting the Altars and it really detracts from the main goal. You know, killing that Nexus thing.

Quote:
you sound incredibly frustrated
Pretty much and what I perceive as rightfully so.

They are removing 3v3 DOTA style.
And replacing it with Dominion Rift 3v3, not what I or many others here had envisioned. And yes I should seem this way.

Hoizengerd

10-18-2012

jesus christ, it's in PBE for a reason, maybe if you people actually took your complaints to Riot like a sensible person they'd listen more readily...i'm pretty sure i saw somewhere they had a forum or something where you could send your suggestions

instead you come out here and start whining and kicking on the floor screaming like some spoiled little brats...if you wanna be taken seriously, start acting seriously

FearAzrael

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Removed? I don't think so. Altered? Probably.
A pun!

Phallicies

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
jesus christ, it's in PBE for a reason, maybe if you people actually took your complaints to Riot like a sensible person they'd listen more readily...i'm pretty sure i saw somewhere they had a forum or something where you could send your suggestions

instead you come out here and start whining and kicking on the floor screaming like some spoiled little brats...if you wanna be taken seriously, start acting seriously
correct they said take it to the twisted treeline forum i.e here. and don't insult us, we're simply stating why we dont like this game right now

GRRgamel

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post

I don't see anyone whining? I see people saying what they dislike about the map as of now. But you come in here and act like a big man and accuse us of "whining" as you proceed to "whine" about our "whining"
please leave.

12345612 ... 13