Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sygil

10-18-2012

I just bought 7200 RP a couple weeks ago... GG timing.

Semper Iratus

10-18-2012

Hi I bought a ton of RP on the 3rd of Oct does this work retroactively? And if so, are they permanent?

Edit: I dont feel so bad blowing $150 on RP a couple weeks ago now

purplesky2

10-18-2012

wow, cant believe they released her, though she was gonna be unreleased

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBlades View Post
This thread is filled with people who are stupid, greedy, selfish, and have no idea how marketing works.
It is also filled with people who know exactly how marketing works, are understanding, gives constructive criticism, and knows the pros and cons of this method. To those people, thank you.

Just to help clear some things out for those who clearly have trouble reading, "Oct. 1st through Nov. 13th purchases" stop complaining with a post saying "f*ck you, I just bought RP last week!" Last I checked, last week was Oct. 11, you will still get your icons for the amount you paid for, and guess what, you can STILL USE THAT RP for the new Halloween skins that will be released soon.

People complaining that, "We're paying $75 for the Wraith Icon." No, you're not paying $75 for the wraith icon, you're not paying ANYTHING for the wraith icon, it's a bonus. Then complaining it's $75 while some of you spent $100 last month from the RP bonus?? Do the math.

READ THIS IF YOU ARE FRUSTRATED/ANGRY THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE A LOT OF RP FROM THE PAST. I can understand the frustration of some people who do not wish to spend more money to buy more RP in the time frame so that they can get an icon, but the marketing world isn't always fair like that. There are countless of times when you will go buy something at a store, say last week, and come back to the store to find out they had a sale on that same item you purchased, this week. It just means you missed out on a bonus deal. You know what the corporate world says to that? "Too bad, better luck next time." At the end of the day, Riot is a corporation, a GAMING CORPORATION, they need money just as much as you and every other person on this world does.

Some things I do want cleared up though:
Does purchasing RP with the Riot cards count towards the total RP purchases that will come with icons or is it only online transactions?

Also, do the Team Icons stay or will those be removed once these go in?
Thanks for the support I am frequently surprised by the hate generated by some of my efforts to bring new content to players in new ways, but I respect their opinions and will continue to learn from it.

Yes, Riot cards count. You just need to redeem the card during the qualifying window.

I am not as familiar with the plans for Team Icons as that was an eSports (as opposed to eCommerce) initiative, but I believe I heard that they will last through the end of season two.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoesloco View Post
Hi I bought a ton of RP on the 3rd of Oct does this work retroactively? And if so, are they permanent?

Edit: I dont feel so bad blowing $150 on RP a couple weeks ago now
Yes and yes

IAmBanshee

10-18-2012

I dont understand, does this mean that any RP we have bought since October 1st adds to our total amount towards these? Help plz

Endless Battler

10-18-2012

Seriously can't approve of this, 10k RP for something that isn't even hard to intergate? Come on riot, it doesn't cost 10k RP to buy 5 champions, regardless of the fact that its just the purchase that counts, and you dont actually spend any on the icons, its still totally ridiculous. The Team icons were the first time the summoner icons have been updated as long as I've been playing the game, and thats at least a year and a half. The pricing decision on this was totally out of order.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
I just bought 7200 RP a couple weeks ago... GG timing.
You will be fine as long as you bought in October.

Tsumae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Thank you Riot!!!

Blueblinda

10-18-2012

wow, i cant believe it, i purchased 5000RP on 9/29, and I wont be able to get the icon, so sad, and it makes me dont really want to purchase any RP anymore, so disappointed