Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gauthak

10-18-2012

Do they really think people will spend 10000 RP with it?

Oh yes, they really do.

Oh no, people will spend it.

Abyssal War

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBlades View Post
This thread is filled with people who are stupid, greedy, selfish, and have no idea how marketing works.
It is also filled with people who know exactly how marketing works, are understanding, gives constructive criticism, and knows the pros and cons of this method. To those people, thank you.

Just to help clear some things out for those who clearly have trouble reading, "Oct. 1st through Nov. 13th purchases" stop complaining with a post saying "f*ck you, I just bought RP last week!" Last I checked, last week was Oct. 11, you will still get your icons for the amount you paid for, and guess what, you can STILL USE THAT RP for the new Halloween skins that will be released soon.

People complaining that, "We're paying $75 for the Wraith Icon." No, you're not paying $75 for the wraith icon, you're not paying ANYTHING for the wraith icon, it's a bonus. Then complaining it's $75 while some of you spent $100 last month from the RP bonus?? Do the math.

READ THIS IF YOU ARE FRUSTRATED/ANGRY THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE A LOT OF RP FROM THE PAST. I can understand the frustration of some people who do not wish to spend more money to buy more RP in the time frame so that they can get an icon, but the marketing world isn't always fair like that. There are countless of times when you will go buy something at a store, say last week, and come back to the store to find out they had a sale on that same item you purchased, this week. It just means you missed out on a bonus deal. You know what the corporate world says to that? "Too bad, better luck next time." At the end of the day, Riot is a corporation, a GAMING CORPORATION, they need money just as much as you and every other person on this world does.

Some things I do want cleared up though:
Does purchasing RP with the Riot cards count towards the total RP purchases that will come with icons or is it only online transactions?

Also, do the Team Icons stay or will those be removed once these go in?

Ace'd it cherryblades.

Kyonyuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The summoner icons will be permanently given to players who purchase RP during the qualifying period.

No decisions have been made on whether these or other summoner icons will be available for future events.
does this extend to pre-paid card? do i have to use online purchase for this to work?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by netexx View Post
I just bought 5k RP about an hour ago.
Where are my icons ???
The icons will appear in your account along with the Shadow Isles patch next week.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonyuu View Post
does this extend to pre-paid card? do i have to use online purchase for this to work?
Yes it will apply to any way that you purchase RP.

Brutaldeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

@Hippalus, you need to read all this hate Riot is getting for doing this... you guys really messed this up, this is an awful deal

LAZORKITTEH

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The icons will appear in your account along with the Shadow Isles patch next week.
What about the people that have been supporting your game over the last couple of years? You show no love for them.

Brutaldeth

10-18-2012

Why couldn't you just sell them for maybe 260 RP each? That would of been the best thing to do

DoozleDorf

10-18-2012

These are great Hippalus! Thank you! (renting ward skins... not so much )

Snes C

10-18-2012

I'm fine with this deal. I buy RP all the time for skins, so I know I'm at least getting the tier 2 icon.